Sign in to follow this  
greggsky

getting wp_menu_nav to display description

greggsky

I want one of my menus to display the description below the link title. To do this, I used the new walker class described here and modified the wp_nav_menu call in the /sections/nav/section.php file. That will be lost when upgrading my pagelines installation...is there any way of making this change in my child theme? I guess I need to read up on creating/overriding sections with child themes? Any references would be appreciated. Thanks.

Simon
Copy the whole 'nav' folder to plugins/pagelines-sections folder, rename the section at the top of section.php, name it something different so you will be able to find the new one ;) Now click refresh store. The new nav should auto override the original.

greggsky
I did what you outlined and the section appears in the store, but does not appear when I go to edit the templates. Thoughts?

Simon
Did you rename it in the section.php? When you click 'refresh store' it should appear in templates, you should see 2 nav sections.

greggsky
I did rename it in the section.php file: [quote]/* Section: Navigation with Description Author: PageLines Author URI: http://www.pagelines.com/ Description: Creates site navigation, with optional superfish dropdowns. Class Name: PageLinesNav Workswith: header Cloning: false */[/quote] It appears in the under "Sections added via store" as Navigation with Description, but then when I try to add it to my templates, only the original Navigation section appears. I'm presuming it would have one called Navigation with Description there? Or is the Navigation one there my updated one?

Simon
Try deactivating the original one. This definatly works, ive just rechecked.