Sign in to follow this  
jbrouwer

deactive pagelines-buddypress plugin with a hook

jbrouwer

Hi, How can I deactivate the pagelines-buddypress plugin with a hook? The reason is that the plugin is not compatible with WP Touch. I would like to let WP Touch handle the mobile version of Buddypress. Thanks!

Simon
What do you mean by disable it? Disable the css?

Rob
I don't believe you can deactivate the plugin using a hook. Either it's activated or not. In order to use a hook to deactivate, essentially the Buddypress plugin would have to be activated, and the conflict would remain even if you somehow, miraculously deactivated it for mobile view. Perhaps you need a separate install just for Buddypress, so you can have a mobile view that doesn't include that.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
You can disable the css by deregistering it.... http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_deregister_style

jbrouwer
Ok. The WP Touch plugin has an option to deactivate plugins which are not compatible or who you would not need (or like) to use on mobile devices. However, this option does not work for the pagelines-buddypress plugin, probably because the plugin refers to some pagelines code. I read on the WP Touch forum you should manually remove the plugin's hooks (in the wp touch child theme). The buddypress pages turn up white on mobile devices (using wp touch). Could that be a css problem?

Simon
I have no idea, you can add a function to the wp-touch child theme to remove the css by deregistering it. If its a white screen is an error_log file written? php usually writes errors to a log file. If not open wp-config.php and enable debug, then try again.

jbrouwer
I didn't got a error log before, but this turns up: [quote]Fatal error: Call to a member function build_layout() on a non-object in /public/sites/www.pepperbase.com/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-buddypress/pagelines-buddypress.php on line 121[/quote]

jbrouwer
Used this function [code]add_action( 'wp_print_styles', 'my_deregister_styles', 100 ); function my_deregister_styles() { wp_deregister_style( 'plbp-style' ); }[/code] in the wp-touch child theme, but without result. The page is not loading at all, so this is probably not the solution.

jbrouwer
Sometimes it is a blank screen and sometimes I get this error: [quote]Fatal error: Call to a member function build_layout() on a non-object in /public/sites/www.pepperbase.com/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-buddypress/pagelines-buddypress.php on line 121[/quote]

Simon
Right, reason this is happening, the plugin assumes you have PAgeLines framework installed and active as it needs functions to run. You mobile theme is switching themes on the fly, so the theme files are not available to the plugin. I will add a new version tomorrow to check PL is the actual active theme.

jbrouwer
Hi, I forgot about this problem, but the error still appears if I let wp touch handle the buddypress pages. Could this be fixed the way Simon suggested (on feb 6...).

Danny
Hi, I will bring this to Simon's attention for you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon
try this: http://paste.pagelines.com/6zu