Sign in to follow this  
mrmyth

Platform Pro Change Font for Post category

mrmyth

I have a page that is just posts from a certain category. Can I change the font for that?

catrina
Yes, you can. Can you please post a link to the category page containing the text content you want to change?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mrmyth
Thanks. Here it is http://supportusmaximus.com/blog/category/thoughts/

Danny
Hi mrmyth, What font do you want and on which text i.e. post title, Currently viewing the category: "Thoughts" etc... can you provide more information please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mrmyth
Hi. I want to use a type kit font called Abril Fatface for the title and for the body of the post. I have the typekit setup and I'm using it for the nav bar. This page of Thoughts posts is really an example I posted because the real site is set up similarly, but it's a client's site that I can't reveal yet.

catrina
Have you already installed a TypeKit plugin to allow for this font to work on the site? I believe the plugin is this one: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-typekit/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mrmyth
Maybe the Typekit part is just complicating matters. How would I change the fonts on a particular category post page, if I was just using a standard font like Arial, but I only wanted to use it on the "Thoughts" category page and nowhere else?

Danny
Hi, I don't think it's possible to use typekit for a specific category. You could give this read about @import font css. http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/fdc-varia/font-embedding.htm Then you need to find the slug of the category and use that for example: .category-[enter category slug here] So lets say I have a category called news, it would look like this: .category-news I hope this helps!

Please search our forums, before posting!

mrmyth
That is great. It worked with typekit as well. I didn't do it on the example above but I was able to do it on the client site and it works great. I set up TypeKit in the Typography section. Then I put the following in Misc Settings>CSS Rules: [code] .category-thoughts .entry-title a, .entry-title {font-family: "abril-fatface", "minion-pro";} .category-thoughts .metabar, .post-comments, .fpost {font-family: "abril-fatface", "minion-pro";} [/code] Thanks!