Sign in to follow this  
tjerkfeitsma

Problem when upgrading to pagelines 2.0. Assistance requested

tjerkfeitsma

Hi Guys! I love pagelines, also for it sometimes bring a fountain of surprise my world, pleasant surprises, but also....... When trying to upgrade from platformpro to pagelines 2.0, my dashboard and acces has been blocked, my website looks horrible. Aarg! What happened: 1) took the necessary steps, took out widgets etc. 2) uploaded the theme, and installed it 3) right after activating it, everything is broken, can't switch back to my old theme, anything I do comes up to poetry copied hereunder. When promted is says beautifull things like: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/dewereld/public_html/test/wp-admin/menu.php on line 161 Please advice. How can I bring pagelines 2.0 alive? What should I do to fix it? the site is dewereldredden.nl/test

Simon
You have a 64M limit to PHP, but i cant imagine whats using all that! In testing on a post page 2.1 uses 25M in total, so maybe you have some memory hogging plugins?

tjerkfeitsma
Thanks for you suggestion I was on the 61m allready, but didn't have this problem. Only when I activated pagelines 2.0 I lost access. I do have memory hogging plugins I guess, but it all worked fine before. The site is now running on the default setting of pagelines 2.0 I presume, but I cannot change it. I cannot deactivate plugins for I'm not allowed to go into the dashboard. Please advice!

Simon
http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Troubleshooting#How_to_deactivate_all_plugins_when_not_able_to_access_the_administrative_menus.3F

tsalstrand
Yeah, I had the same problem... had to deactivate all plugins before I could get the framework on board.

catrina
@tjerkfeitsma Let us know if you need further assistance with deactivating your plugins.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tjerkfeitsma
Hi Pross Interpreted your suggestion as: let's deactivate some stuff!! Renamed plugin folders, and.....I got back into my dashboard, lost many plugins, but at least we can build it back. If you have any suggestions for how to analyse which plugins use which amount of memory so I can see which ones actually hog the memory I'd be gratefull for the tip.

Danny
Hi, I'm not aware of anyway to find out which plug-ins are hogging your memory. However, how many plug-ins do you usually have enabled, the actual number of plug-ins active may be responsible.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon
Install 'debug-bar' It gives you a debug button on the frontend which shows php memory usage.