Sign in to follow this  
randy

Features - Text Cut Off

catrina
It may be possible to resize the feature slider text area using CSS so that the text fits. That will also require that you upload feature slider images that fit the height of the slider and increase the height of the feature slider overall.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

randy
Thanks Catrina, any idea on what the custom CSS may look like please? I can't seem to find the correct selector using firebug?!

Rob
If you are using Category Mode for the feature slider, on each post, create very brief excerpts that will not wrap (fill the text area). You can also rely (unwisely) on the limit found at [b]Dashboard > PageLines > Global Settings > Blog and Posts[/b] under [b]Excerpt Length[/b]. You should see 55 words (the default). Change it to 15. If using the regular method of creating slides, make sure your description or excerpt for the individual slides is short. I always recommend manually crafted excerpts in every post to ensure maximum SEO benefit. If your feature sliders have the same content, they are less likely to pick up in search engines, but if you craft individual, short expressions for the slider excerpt, they too will have search engines catching them and improved SEO results. Catrina's correct you can stretch out the size of the text field however, you cover more and more of the image and thus have less for people to actually see. Worse, if your post excerpt were rather long, you'll still wrap.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

randy
Thanks - I was actually hoping to show more text, in this case the images are more of a background than a "feature". Could someone help me make the text box bigger please - as I'm stuck! Thanks in advance.

catrina
Try adding this CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS in your settings and changing 130 to another value until you're satisfied with the size: [code]div.fcontent {height: 130px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse