Sign in to follow this  
robburnett

Control Image width in Feature Slider V2.1 Pro

robburnett

I am a bit new to this and may have hit the "accept" button in error in a previous discussion. My question is this ... The Feature Sliders I use on Pro are 500x1100px Not all the images I upload are 1100px wide. eg I may use some square images 500x500px In V2 the images would upload and display at that size 500x500 for instance In V2.1 the feature slider has stretched all images to the full 1100px width much to my horror There seems to be no remedy that I can find ! I did upload an image to check if that fixed the issue but it still seemed to supersize !! Thanks Rob

Rob
Rob, you appear to have your feature slider set to Category mode, which will stretch the feature image to fit. You need to use rectangular images. That way they will stretch proportionately and I suggest using images no wider than the maximum width of your slider. Let's say you have an image of 100px by 50px. It will easily become 1000px by 500px. But if you tried to make it 1100px by 300px, it will look squashed or will be cropped poorly. A square image would be stretched sideways, becoming blurry and pretty gross. Using a good graphics editor such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro would help to properly size your images. Remember the thumbnail option will crop to display at 150px square for the blog. Alternatively, you just change from Category to Post mode and then simply use the Dashboard > Features > Add New option to create new slides or, just edit existing ones.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

robburnett
Mmmm You are certainly right in what you say However, I want to be able to use the images in the width I want by the default setting ie Lets say 500px high and maybe 800 wide that I would create in Photoshop if that suits the image better. I do not want it to stretch as it is now in V2.1 V2 was Ok No idea why it has changed ??? Hope you understand where I amm coming from Cheers

Simon
@robburnett The remedy is just some simple css: This will use the original image size and place it top right. [code].bg_cover { background-position: right top !important; background-size: auto !important; }[/code]

robburnett
I will try to explain the issue I have upgraded my site from V2 to V2.1 A strange thing happened .. My Feature Slider size is 1100x500px. This is the important bit .. In V2 I was able to upload an image that was for instance 800px wide x 500px high and the image would mount in the centre of the feature at 800px wide with space either size without a problem. When I upgraded to V2.1, all the feature images throughout the site were upsized or and distorted to the full 1100px width. The only way I can remedy at the moment is reload the images with a white border either side to make 1100px wide which I hope is a short term solution Hope you understand Cheers Rob

catrina
This issue has popped up on the forum before. I'll include it in a weekly report I'm sending at the end of the week so that the issue is addressed.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gokayak1
For this I just use a template image that is sized to the area of the Feature. Make it white or whatever for the background and then position the new image on a new layer on top. That way it is positioned and sized as I want in the Feature. It isn't automatic but works perfectly. See example on http://tmgtransportation.com

Jenny
@gokayak1 has great advice. Let us know if you try it out @robburnett

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.