Sign in to follow this  
skyrocket

How to call the featured image in blog posts

skyrocket

Hi, I'd like to show the feature image in full size at the top of my blog posts like here: http://hypebeast.com/2012/02/the-gqa-pharrell-williams/. Why? 1) Because I don't want to have to add it separately in the post. 2) Because I might want to position it before the blog post title (as shown in the example). Does somebody know how I can do that? PS: Using the latest version of pagelines.

Rob
There is no limit to the number of feature sets you may create. If you create a feature set (Dashboard > Features > Feature Sets) for each post and include the image within the Feature, you can then select the feature set on a post by post or page by page basis, depending upon the template. If you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Templates and select Content Area (from the graphic map on the right), you may include the feature slider inside the Content by sliding the Features section above the Postloop on any one of the templates. You can also add or remove other things there but I'd suggest picking a template you can remember to use for your posts such as Template 5.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

skyrocket
Oh rangelone, I'm not talking about the pagelines features. i'm talking about [b]feature images from wordpress[/b]. By the way, I had this set up before the latest pagelines update. When I updated it was all gone...unfortunately I forgot how I did it and spent 2 hours searching the web. no solution found. i tried to put a content sidebar into my blog post template and call the thumbnail in full size (which is the size that i need), but it would work. here is the code i used:

Rob
I'm unsure quite where you placed that code or that it would necessarily work. I suspect this requires some customization. I'll discuss this with our developer tomorrow but I'm unsure how it's accomplished. Most likely you edited one of the core files, which will be overwritten, possibly a section or one of the default plugins.

skyrocket
thanks for your effort rangelone. if there is somebody out there who has a little bit more basic wordpress coding knowledge: it would be great if you could tell me how I can call the post thumbnail (featured image) in full size in a sidebar (i guess i would be using a html/text widget for that).

Simon
Where exactly do you want the image? Right before the post content? On top of it?

skyrocket
either way would be fine. preferable above the title of the post content or below the title.

Simon
This has been answered a few times ;) [code] add_action('pagelines_loop_before_post_content','featured_image'); function featured_image(){ if ( is_single() ) { if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { // check if the post has a Post Thumbnail assigned to it. the_post_thumbnail('thumbnail', array('class' => 'alignleft')); } } } [/code] You can also change the thumb size by changing this section of the code: [code] the_post_thumbnail('medium', array('class' => 'alignright')); [/code] [code] the_post_thumbnail('large', array('class' => 'center')); [/code]

skyrocket
absolutely fantastic! i added this code to the functions.php and it works like a charm. i used "full-size" instead of "thumbnail" in order to get the full size featured image. thanks a million!

skyrocket
does anyone know whether the above mentioned change is reverted with a pagelines update?

skyrocket
ok, the answer is YES and the solution is THIS: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_PageLines_Customize_Plugin

Rob
Glad you found that! I'm sure it answers your questions.