Sign in to follow this  
ah2evoxy82raqhs

Can someone please explain the "Content Sidebar"?

ah2evoxy82raqhs

I would have assumed that the Content Sidebar would be shown "inside" the content area. However on my site it show up below the content area exactly identical to how the the Full Width Sidebar displays. Is this the expected behavior for the Content Sidebar?

Jackey
Yes, it is a content holding sidebar. Opposed to a widget holding sidebar, this sidebar can change its content on every single page/post with the page meta setting.

ah2evoxy82raqhs
So then "Sidebar" is a bit of a misnomer then, as a) it doesn't seem to display "along the side" of the page; b)it doesn't display "inside" the "content" area. What then would be the purpose of this feature?

catrina
The "sidebar" can be used when you want to add a widget inside the content area. I know it's more of a "bottom bar" but if anyone wanted to add content separate from the actual page content added using the page editor, they can add that content in using any kind of widget available in Appearance > Widgets.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jackey
I admit you can interpret it both ways. This is something that grows when people request options to put sidebars on the bottom, and content in the sidebars. ;) I found it useful to have the possibility to add a text to the sidebar on a page by page basis, and not on a site wide basis, as opposed to a text widget.

Danny
@ah2evoxy82raqhs I accepted Jackey's answer, should you require further assistance, simply reply here!

Please search our forums, before posting!