Sign in to follow this  
kevinpaffrath

Seeking Pro: Speed Up Website

kevinpaffrath

Hi there, I use pagelines pro and I would love to speed up my website, a lot. Does anyone have a recommended professional whom I could pay to speed up my website? Thanks,

Simon
Kevin, 9 times out of ten, speeding up a website goes either of two or three ways. Either you have an extremely slow host that has 20,000 site running of one server, or you have 30+ plugins installed and activated, and you have to consider there is no code vetting for plugins so it could be really sloppy[1], or you are getting 1 million hits a day. So, give us a link and lets see what the results are. [1] For an example, a recent posts plugin on excerpts, how does it work? It loads EVERY post and checks if the content matches the content of the current post in the loop, so if you have 10 post on the fron page you running this 10 times, and thats just one plugin!.

kevinpaffrath
Wow, crazy. Here's my site: www.kevinpaffrath.com

Simon
Your sites response time is good, the slow factor is all the images! Over 3 MB on the front page alone! Consider using a CDN or reducing the amount/size of the images. The feature slider for example loads 10 images for a start.

nnesheim
Kevin, I would recommend a VPS. You can probably get one for around $30/month. That would speed your site up considerably. Feel free to reply back if you want some help or more info.

Danny
Accepting the above answers. If you have any other questions @kevinpaffrath simply reply here and it will re-open the post.

Please search our forums, before posting!