Sign in to follow this  
jwhittaker

Switch from Platform Pro to Pagelines

jwhittaker

I have a couple of web sites set up in Platform Pro and would like to switch to pagelines, when I activate the theme, the menu's and sidebars have all changed... Is there an easy way to switch to the page line theme, or do I have to through each page and menu and reformat them. I use several third party plugin's to create menu's on sidebars as well.

Jackey
The sidebars will change but if you check, all widgets will probably still be there, but in the wrong sidebar. You have to do some swapping. Before you do, please "Enable sidebar priorities?" to yes: PageLines > Settings > Advanced > Sidebar Priority, so you won't have to go through this again in future (I hope). The changing of the menus is because the menu's you defined are probably not linked to the proper Theme Locations. Please re-assign them.

Danny
@jwhittaker I accepted Jackey's answer, however, if you require further assistance. Simply reply here.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jwhittaker
Is there a way to set the PlateformPro priorities for the sidebars before switching over ?

jwhittaker
Another problem, I just switched over again and all of my templates I used are no longer listen IE feature template, default, post template etc. All of the pages on my blog have the templates unchecked... On the Template setup page, there is no dropdown to to select different page templates, how do you add or edit templates. Will I have to create all new page templates and go through each page to recheck what features are on specific pages?