Sign in to follow this  
bimijane

How do I make corrections in my RSS source code so my feed will validate?

bimijane

Hello wonderful support team, Noticing problems, I put my RSS feed url into Feed Validator and there are several errors that need correcting for the feed to validate, i.e.,: line 23, column 8: link must be a full and valid URL: (2 occurrences) [help] ^ line 24, column 21: comments must be a full and valid URL: #comments (2 occurrences) [help] #comments In the support forum I noticed this from a July 2011 discussion: "Check your wp-rss2.php, wp-atom.php, functions.php and even wp-config.php for blank lines outside the <?php and ?> bracketed sections." BUT WHERE are these files? In FileZilla? In my Base theme? How do I access them and make the changes? Please advise me on how to properly make these corrections - many thank, Jane ^

Rob
Jane, wp-rss2.php, wp-atom.php and wp-config.php are in your Wordpress installation, not in PlatformPro. Don't get upset with me but PlatformPro isn't really in charge of the feed. We only offer links to it. That's really a WordPress functionality. Have you searched the Wordpress.org forums or codex for help? http://www.wordpress.org

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bimijane
Hi Bob, I have researched everywhere... including wordpress codex - lots of instruction on what to do but not how. I'm not upset with anybody - is this not a favorable crisis for learning something :) Does that mean I go to hostgator, who hosts my wordpress blog? Will that get me into the.php files? Can they help me?

bimijane
I just got off the phone with hostgator and I now know where these files are - thanks!