Sign in to follow this  
jbrouwer

buddypress plugin sidebar

jbrouwer

Hi, First of all, thanks for the customization plugin for buddypress! Looks really great. Nevertheless, I have a question regarding the sidebar, as it is not showing up on buddypress pages. I've looked everywhere to adjust it, I saw the Buddypress section under pagelines/meta, but no option for the sidebar. The sidebar is not showing at all. Hence, adjusting the width (of the padder) also didn't help. Any suggestions?

Danny

Hi Jbrouwer, Can you post a link to your site please?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon

The buddypress plugin is full width only for the buddypress pages. We had no way to control where the sidebars were placed.

jbrouwer

Ok. Is there a way to control it myself?

jbrouwer

Yes. Seems to me that adding a sidebar shouldn't be a problem? Althoug I am certainly not a developer! :-)

catrina

@jbrouwer I'm not a developer either but I think you should try adding the sidebar plugin blnklaus mentioned above. If that doesn't work, let us know.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

blnklaus

@catrina The plugin did not. I think this is a problem of the framework. The Buddypress Tmeplate is in the meta section. the announcement of Framework 2.1 say??s about meta section: "Now you??™ll be able to set up your sections in the global defaults panel, and these settings will be overridden if set on a individual page or post." So i think this will prevent also the plugin to add a sidebar. I'm not a developer too, so i hope page lines team has a solution for that.

jankowalski

well, if we could perfectly control sidebar in platform pro, i guess it shuoldn t be a problem in framework? is there is a solution on the way since february 3rd?

Rob

Simon answered this topic on February 1st. That actually was the final answer, and though we've debated this internally trying to find a solution, the only one we've been able to come up with has been that he posted here February 1st. I'm very sorry that we couldn't find a solution that was different.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jankowalski

Helo @simon and @rangelone I am suprised, i don t see this debate reflected here so I had no idea. I was using buddypress with PLATFORM PRO and it worked with my sidebar perfectly! I don t remember how did i manage to make it work with platform pro, but i will be happy to send you my child theme files and you can reflect those changes in FRAMEWORK. Buddypress with no sidebar has no sense, what about friends or group suggestion, or latest members, where should i place it? Another module which stopt working after upgrade to FRAMEWORK... This 5 minutes no problem upgrade is getting famous! greatings

catrina

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll put this reoccurring issue in a weekly report I'll be submitting at the end of the week.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jankowalski

Wonderfull, please let developers know that sidebar was working in platform pro!!! in many places on this forum i could read comments that it s was not. i can provide link to my PLATFORM PRO site, if it s going to be helpful.

jankowalski

Hi catrina, any update on this topic?

Rob

As I've pointed out several times, there is a technical architecture issue with the sidebars and we're working on it. As soon as it's fixed, we'll be pushing an update through. No need to ask the status. We're all just as anxious as you to see this resolved.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jankowalski

Actualy there is a statement here that it is no way to control it! i didn t realize somebody is working on it. how could I? Anyway it is good to know. As i pointed before, sidebar did work with platform pro, so you might find usefull focus on changes which has been made "from" platform pro "to" framework. thanks. greatings. jk

jankowalski

hello? how much longer it s going to take? we are in 2.1.6 by now!!

highreach

Hey all, After reading this thread top to bottom, I am a bit confused. Are sidebars on the Buddypress page something that is possible with framework and being worked on as rangelone pointed out, or is this simply impossible to make happen as simon mentioned. I understand that the Pagelines team can't promise a timeline, but knowing that a solution is or is not coming is pretty important for us. Like Jankowalski said, Buddypress without the ability to add info widgets to sidebars does not make a lot of sense. Since losing sidebar capability when switching to framework, the social interaction on our site has dramatically reduced with the primary user complaint being that our social setup is a pain to use and lacking useful information (translation: widgets). Thanks

jankowalski

any comment ???????????????????????????