Sign in to follow this  
Jackey

Template description

Jackey

Maybe I'm missing something... I'm not convenient with the change - numbering the templates - although I can imagine why it is done. Is it possible to add a user defined description to each of those templates, and make them show up in the template selectors? It is very hard to keep track what a template provides.

Danny
Hi Jackey, I don't think this is currently possible, after reading the blog post by Andrew [quote][i](Sidenote: Ideally, we??™d love to allow you to rename templates, but because of a WordPress quirk we can??™t. [url="http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13265"]See the WordPress Ticket here[/url].)[/i][/quote]

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jackey
Hence my request to add a description field to each template. ;)

Danny
Hi Jackey, I am no coder so I am not sure if it is possible or not. However, I can add this to the PageLines Trac as a enhancement if you like.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon
Template names are hardcoded, look in the file page.alpha.php for an example. Because of the way wordpress loads templates we cannot change that unless they add a filter into core.

Jackey
I was thinking more in line of a shadow array with descriptions that is shown where ever you need to select a template. But hey... I put it to rest.

Simon
Well yea, we can rename the boxes in the ajax template area, but not in the post template dropdown that wordpress supplies, there is no filter there either ;)