Sign in to follow this  
allanv74

Repositioning the search box/button / WHP3

allanv74

Hi guys, I'm trying to find out how I can reposition the "Search box/button" globally on my site. I have added in the CUSTOM CSS the following: .home #sidebar{display:none} .home #maincontent{display:none} ( this offcourse removed the search alltogether) I would like to move the SEARCH box/button to the header top left, after the social icons, just right of the RSS feed button. Please advise. I have hit a wall. Cheers, Allan_v74

cmunns

You can just add this code after the last icon `<?php include (THEME_LIB . '/_searchform.php'); ?>` then format it accordingly.

allanv74

Cheers Adam, Will this work both on the home page and the other pages? (Will try this out later this evening...) Thanks again for a speedy reply. Have a gooood weekend, Allanv74

cmunns

Should work on all pages, yes.

allanv74

Hello again, I inserted your codeline in the "themes/WHP(3)/style.css on line157 in the "Header Icons" area, after the last . The result is that the main navigation topbar dissapears. The graphic dividers are visible and you still get the mouseover effect. And the seach box/button is not visible on the Homepage, and has not moved from the submenu bar on the other pages. Hope you have the info you need....and hope I understood your instructions right... :-) Thanks, Allanv74.

cmunns

You should add the code in either the header.php file not in the style.css Add it just after the "icons" div or maybe before depending on where you want it.

allanv74

Hi Adam, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. (Would appriciat it if you could delete the mentioned URL in start of the thread.) Much appriated, AllanV74