Sign in to follow this  
ahansson89

How can I show social icons in post excerpts

ahansson89

What I want is to show a Tweet, Like and a +1 button on my excerpts when users reads my postloop. I have a plugin that did it before, but now it seems to be broken, after switching to iBlogPro5. I guess I need to do some custom code to achieve this?

Rob
I have looked into all the possible variables in settings and can't find an option to change to accommodate your request. However, I am confident that one of our Professional developers could handle this issue for you. Could you copy a link to this topic into an email going to [email protected] requesting a quote for professional development services. I believe this requires a hook and custom coding for a new section.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ahansson89
I really want to do this my self without any help from the professionals... It should not be that difficult to achieve what I want if I just put it directly into my iBlogPro5 theme and style it with CSS... But where is the code supposed to go?

catrina
Putting it directly in the theme isn't advisable because that change will be lost when the theme is upgraded. This is why rangelone mentioned adding a hook first and using CSS to style it. In order to add a hook, you'll need the Pagelines Customize plugin, which is available from the Store (under the PageLines tab on your Dashboard).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ahansson89
Hi catrina. I did used some time to put this code together, but I cannot get it to show up anywhere. [code] [/code] Can you tell me where the missing piece of the pussle is? I also need to pull the post-url and post title from my database and I do not know how to do this.

catrina
This CSS code you have at the end must be placed in Custom Code > Custom CSS in the Settings, not the functions.php file: [code][/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Rob
Aleksander, Your code, up to Plugins > Editor, then select the plugin and function.php to edit. Make sure it's CHMODed to 777. Same for style.css. The code below goes into Custom Code in CSS Rules. [code].social_icons_on_postloop { float:left; display:block; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ahansson89
Nothing shows up in the excerpt... I tried everything now but it seems that I cannot add a function to 'get_continue_reading_link' or any other functions in the excerpts... however 'the_post' hook works, but that is not the place where I want to put my code!

catrina
The "get_continue_reading_link" doesn't work because it isn't a hook. You'll need to find the appropriate hook in this list (it's labeled as an ACTION): http://api.pagelines.com/hooks.

Designer | Catrina Dulay