Sign in to follow this  
pehja

Pageline leaf is back and will not go away in 2.1

pehja

The leaf is back! It's a nice leaf. But I don't want it on my clients site. I have logged in with my account, and still the leaf is there. Please advice before they wake up and see it. :-)

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

strmiba
If I make a clean install on an empty server the leaf is gone but if I upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1 the leaf will turn up. I'm using the same set of plugins on the sites.

Göteborg:

Mikael Båth

Pontus Wiknersgatan 1

411 32 Göteborg

076-030 6873

[email protected]

http://www.9nine.se

London:

Ixnix Group Ltd.

8 Russell Street

Westminster

London WC2B 5HZ

http://www.ixnix.co.uk

pehja
www.smakom.se and I also noticed that the upgrade mede it??s own set up on my widgets. It put what I had on the sidebar in the footer and vice versa. Easy to correct but way?

Pehja Production.png

pehja
It also erased my translations.... this is not good!

Pehja Production.png

msaizan
i have the same issue with the leaf...and i am also logged in...not generally a problem but for this one page site it is - it's serving supersized images and the leaf is at dead center of the image... http://gulfcoastrising.net/gulf-oil-spill-pictures/

Simon
go to advanced tab, click debug for me. Tell me when it is done.

pehja
Done url to the site www.smakom.se/wp

Pehja Production.png

Simon
Well I'll need the url of the site in question too.

Danny
Although this may have relation to the issue at hand, would it be possible for all users who're experiencing this issue post the following details please. Host provider Host package i.e. PHP, mySQL Apache versions and any other details such has sharehosting, VPS, Ded box etc...

Please search our forums, before posting!

pehja
Server version: 5.0.51a-24+lenny5-log MySQL client version: 5.0.32 MySQL connection collation: utf8_unicode_ci Hosted by one.com I have another Host wopsa.com don't have this problem there. They have Unix platform. one.com is mainly windows based.

Pehja Production.png

Simon
If you click view source, it shows you not logged in. If you want, email me an admin account for that blog and I will test logging in as myself. [email protected]

pehja
I went to the login page. It said there was an error. I removed the password, and re entered it. Now it works, and the leave is gone. Thanks for what ever you did. I would be glad to send you the login. But since it is no longer a problem.. Thanks again!

Pehja Production.png

Simon
Well i didnt get a chance to do anything ;) Turn off debug too as it is not needed now.

slingr
Simon, Danny, et al: Not to be overly cantankerous, but really ... is this silly leaf logo thing really that important to you guys? Does it really justify the added maintenance for your customers? To wit: 1. Your implementation is really over-the-top for controlling such a trivial thing as your vanity logo. You require your TOP-PAYING CUSTOMERS to: a) buy the Developer package; b) be now and forever more active with a PL account; and c) have their PL account login credentials active on EVERY site. 2. Not to mention how your update notifications and process break from the standard WP process. 3. Consider a case where a developer installs PLF on 10 accounts. Do you not consider it likely that out of 10 clients, at least one of them, over time, is going to screw up the update process and change the login credentials? Which means the developer is going to get called. 4. Consider the fact that by your scheme, a developer has to maintain the SAME LOGIN CREDENTIALS on multiple accounts - which is obviously a Worst Practice from a security standpoint, especially since your site requires, so far as I know, the same login for the support forum, the launchpad for downloading products, the store, and then each and every PLF installation. Have you guys really considered the security risks associated with this, over and above the inconvenience factor, all in the name of your little vanity leaf? Do you even have an idea how much additional business you've gained, or lost, by whether or not the leaf is displayed? Please, please, please ... put your programming efforts toward benefitting, rather than inconveniencing, your paying customers. Steve Stockdale

Simon
Steve, I'll answer your questions. 1. The credentials are there for a reason, NOT to control the leaf, but you need to be logged in to our API to purchase items from the store. 2. How does our process break away from WP? We use the WordPress update mechanism, and the actual update is performed by WordPress. We just tell WordPress there is an update and let it take over. 3. How do you propose we do this then? Sell you a license, you resell it 1000 times, and those 1000 of your clients get free updates for life? They can get their own free licence if they like. 4. The password is encrypted, and is passed to the API with SSL. Are you having login trouble yourself now? The people on this thread solved their issue by simply logging in, its only one step.

msaizan
simon just checking back in here - i still have a leaf in the middle of my images... http://gulfcoastrising.net/gulf-oil-spill-pictures/ are you still wanting my hosting information and for me to tick the debug? i am at hostgator on a dedicated server - but if you need me to get more specific than that, i will have to look it up... also, not as rabid about it as our guy slingr, but the leaf has been finicky in Pagelines Framework - even before this upgrade... i am running multiple sites - some for clients - and i get bumped a lot about the darn leaf - if i am not logged into wordpress at those sites - the leaf will reappear - even when my credentials are set inside Pagelines...seems like i have to be logged into the wordpress backend to make it stick - and it's not always feasible to do that... anyway - that's just some feedback - main problem right now is to get the leaf out of my images! I am happy with the upgrade though - it's great. Thanks for all you do.

alisamski
try this in custom css /* footer credit */ #cred {display:none;}

Simon
@msaizan I can tell straight away your are logged in correctly on that domain :) The licence code was redone for 2.1 the login is persistant, forever, you log in once and you stay logged in forever, until you hit the reset button.

strmiba
I figured out one thing today: When I did an update to 2.1.1 the leaf was gone in all my "clean" Framework installations. But it still was visible on two of my sites. After a short investigation I found that both these sites had the Platform Pro theme installed (ie was updated to Framework 2.x from Platform Pro 1.5.x). When I deleted the inactive Platform Pro themes, the leaf also dissapered from the sites (wo the need of any code like #cred {display:none;}). All the best, Mikael

Göteborg:

Mikael Båth

Pontus Wiknersgatan 1

411 32 Göteborg

076-030 6873

[email protected]

http://www.9nine.se

London:

Ixnix Group Ltd.

8 Russell Street

Westminster

London WC2B 5HZ

http://www.ixnix.co.uk

jordi
Hey, I've the same problem and solved it by reseting my credentials in Pagelines > Account. Once logged in again the leaf went away. Regards, Jordi

Jordi López Garrostas
programador web

pehja
Hey Guys you have to be kidding me!! Its back again and restoring the account does not make a difference!

Pehja Production.png

Jenny
The recent update for 2.1.4 added a new feature called WaterMark. This is the Leaf Logo in the footer. Per customer request, the new WaterMark feature allows you to disable the Leaf Logo completely with a tick of a box, or you can even upload your own logo and custom URL. This new option can be found in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Website Setup, scroll down to WaterMark. Video tutorial available at: http://screencast.com/t/AKK0tJVkRjZX

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.