Sign in to follow this  
truffledome

Adjusting width of single posts only

truffledome

Hi, I'm trying to use css to style the width of the full width single posts in www.ginandcrumpets.com , but every adjustment I make to .fpost .post-excerpt, .fpost .entry_content { } also changes the width on the home page which is set to posts and a single side bar. I see a similar question in the Iblogpro forum and the answer is to add .single in front of the #maincontent selector. I've tried this in Platform pro and it doesn't work. Can anyone help? Thanks

thebusysingleparent
I'm not an expert (still trying to figure out alot of stuff myself) but have you considered changing your default layout to how you want your posts' to look then changing the layout on the pages on a page by page basis. This way all of your post are your default and your pages can be different.

kastelic
Maybe your syntax was a little off? It should work as PlatformPro does have the 'single class' in the body tag Have you tried: [code].single .fpost .post-excerpt, .single .fpost .entry_content { }[/code]

truffledome
Thanks single parent - unfortunately I want the full width single page content to be the same width as the posts page content which requires tweaking the CSS. Thanks Kastelic - that's the single class I couldn't figure out! Great platform and great forum guys, Thanks