Sign in to follow this  
scoop

One menu item lower case

scoop
this was the original question: Hi, Need to target just one menu item to be a mix of upper and lower case. Client doesn't want the page titles to be all upper - nor does he want the rest of the titles to show as lower case - there is an 'i' before the rest of the capitalized letters - it is the name of their newsletter... and idea what i can add to the custom code to keep this single menu item from being converted to all caps or all lower case? Site is still password protected - so will sent the passwords off line if needed. Thanks! S

Jackey
I will give it a go, send me a PM

Jackey
I think you need to make a special class and enclose the i with it. So the title of the article will be "iOLS Weekly" Then create: [code].force-lc { text-transform:lowercase !important; }[/code]

scoop
Looked brilliant - but it isn't working... : (

Danny
Hi Scoop, Add the following code to your Custom Code > CSS Rules: [code]#menu-item-367 a {text-transform: none !important;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

scoop
Not working either - tho more along the lines that I had expected/hoped to work in the coding... : (

scoop
am using brandnav - does that make a difference?

Jackey
Tested this on my site.... change code to: [code]mylc { text-transform:lowercase !important; } [/code] Your headline should read: [code]iOLS Weekly[/code] The thing is... as you defined, you want the i to be lower case whatever CSS is applied to it. The only thing you can do is inline css.

scoop
Jackie it seems to have worked with your first code: page title: iOLS Weekly css: force-lc { text-transform:lowercase; } I just had to get rid of the '.' before the force-lc! think it happened accidentally - i copied from your post incorrectly! Thank you soooo much for your time and expertise - I didn't think that titles could take HTMM...

scoop
Can't see an accept answer button here - can you accept your answer for me Jackey?

Simon
There is nothing to accept, you selected discussion not question when you started the post.