Sign in to follow this  
Simon

News - 2.1 update coming this week!

Simon

You've been waiting for news on 2.1 so here is the official unofficial announcement. First the Changelog:

Version 2.1
		- NEW - Global default meta options
		- NEW - BuddyPress and bbPress Extensions
		- NEW - Sharebar Section Rewrite (dynamic buttons)
		- NEW - Hashtag option (Used in social media)
		- NEW - Dynamic search field (CSS3 Search Field)
		- NEW - Sidebar load priority
		- NEW - Widget - Special Recent Posts
		- CORE - Color handling system
		- CORE - Meta defaults
		- CORE - Updates LESS system
		- CORE - Custom CSS now loaded last
		- CORE - New debug system
		- CORE - New template naming
		- Bugs - Better license handling
		- Bugs - Fix importer trying to set a null array
		- Bugs - Category is not an archive
		- Bugs - Use main layout for posts/pages
		- Bugs - JS not loading for a clone.
		- Store - Better filesystem handling 100% WP functionality
		- Twitter Section - @ and # links made clickable
		- PostNav Section - Allow cloning
		- Feature Section - New sort functions + all posts
		- Boxes Section	  - New sort functions

There are over 170 code commits from 2.0 to 2.1 :) The demo sites are already upgraded to 2.1 so if you have a test site running, nows the time to log in and take a look at the changes! Of course the most talked about change is the new global defaults tab. Any sections that are enabled will be included in this tab. Settings can be overridden in the post/page settings areas. Translations We will not be bundling the auto translations with 2.1. We did not know google was that bad at translating ;) Instead we have started a new collaborative translation scheme, located http://pagelines.com/translate/projects/pagelines-framework. Feel free to contribute! You can log into the system with your launchpad username/password. If you would like your language added email us at the desk and we will make you an official validator! To download the .po files just log in and the download link is at the bottom. Feature and box sorting. A new feature we added to this release is the possibility to sort features. We have added several sort types including date, last modified and even a random sort! Features also have the option to pick posts from all categories. Sidebar Sorting In 2.0 we changed the way sidebars were loaded in the backend and subsequently the list order was changed on the widget page, this caused upgrade issues. 2.1 has a new feature under 'Advanced' you can select the new sidebar priority loading system, which basically loads them in the correct order..Primary, secondary etc. So again feel free to check out 2.1 on the demo sites. If you already have 2.0 installed you will see an auto update after wednesday and of course the zips will be available in Launchpad.

Simon
Bump, added more info.

indakno
There is still a critical part of this update that I did not see and that I was told would be in this update. Before I upgraded to the NEW Pagelines theme, I had the ability, on each post, select a feature picture, pic the Thumb Pic to go with it, the ability to make the text on that feature be at the bottom, the side, left or right. It could be a shaded bottom or non. Or I could select not to have text and just have the picture show. NONE of that is on this update or in the original upgrade to pagelines. WHY was that not brought over to Pagelines in the first place? LOVE the theme and all the extras, but the core of my site was that function. It's like they took it away and now I'm back to being a novice. That feature section is buggy at best. And I think someone should really take a good look at it. For an example, go here and look at my feature section. http://indakno.com/magazine/atlanta-2/ This is not suppose to be how this works.

Jackey
Now that update went smooth! KUDOS!

tarina
When I click the upgrade link in my installation, I'm taken to the wordpress updates page, but it says that all are up to date (themes & plugins). When I open themes > installed themes, I see that there is pagelines framework 2.0.1. Am I missing something? Running WordPress MU 3.3.1.

Simon
@tarina you need to be logged in as the super_admin and make sure your account is active under pagelines/account.

kellycrisp
I received an email this evening "Just writing to let you know that PageLines version 2.1 is now live in your account. You can automatically upgrade right from your WordPress/PageLines admin." I am logged into my pagelines account as well as my wordpress account. The admin "managed themes"indicates that PlatformPro 1.5.3 is installed but does not offer an update. No clue what a "super_admin" is. I am the only administrator. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Simon
@keyycrisp PlatformPro is NOT PageLines Framework 2.x PlatformPro is still at 1.5.3

kellycrisp
The email is confusing. Thank you for your quick response.

miamistar
I am also at Platform Pro 1.5.3 Subscribed to +Plus Developer Membership How do i switch to 2.0 framework? Why doesn't my account access the Ignite Theme? BTW: Support Phone Number I was given has never been able to reach anybody over at pagelines.

ajstocco
How do you remove the pagelines logo from the footer in 2.1?

Simon
This is not a support thread, please open new questions.