Sign in to follow this  
peterb

Adsense not showing up on Pagelines 2.0.1

peterb

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem as the person in this thread: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/8856/adsense-not-showing-up/p1 Now. Here's where the plot thickens. Everytime I write or edit a post and check it out in "preview mode" I can see the ad. Also, sometimes when I disable a plugin, I can view the ad for that single pageview (that is... disable plugin, check out the site. Click a post, ad no longer displays). I have tried disabling ALL my plugins, but to no avail. However, I tried setting up my Pagelines setup on a backup site I created for the sole purpose of checking out AdSense, and it displays fine there, both on frontpage and single posts. Site: www.einstein.is

Simon
Whats the address of the page with adsense?

peterb
http://lolhacker.com/einsteinbackup Note that the backup page is just the PageLines Framework out of the box, with no plugins, Carousel or anything.

Simon
Well the code is on the page, and it doesnt look broken. Mind you we dont use adsense so i cant tell if it is properly formatted or not. Do they not have a ads testing mode? Or a checker or anything?

peterb
The adsense code is exactly the same on my main site and my backup site, so I know for a fact that the ad is active. Also a funny thing about the fact that when I make any changes to the widget, the ad appears for a single pageview. Then when I try to see if it works on a single post it doesn't work, neither when I try again on the frontpage. I have my caching plugins (Hyper Cache for caching, and W3 Total Cache for CDN) and SEO Yoast both disabled right now, but that has no effect on it. Could it be that something in my .htaccess file could be prevent the ads being displayed?

Rob
Peter, Use your AdSense code (copied straight from your AdSense account) and place it in a text widget which is included in your sidebar where you want it. If you want the ad centered, just wrap it in
tags. Don't forget you will not get instant results because it takes Google some time to display an ad the first time. Up to 3 hours.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

peterb
Thank you for your respone rangelone but that's exactly how the AdSense code is placed now, and has been for the last 2-3 days. I tried some AdSense widgets so see if it would make any difference, but quickly went back to a simple Text widget with the script code. I did the same thing on the backup site I created and the ad was displayed immediately.

Rob
I too tried plugins when I first built my sites in WordPress and quickly found the AdSense plugins are awful. Doing what you did through a text widget is exactly what I've done and kept doing and it works perfectly. It should appear on all pages and posts where the sidebar appears in this format. Is that what you're seeing?

peterb
Not appearing at all now. Main site is einstein.is The exact same code is running on lolhacker.com/einsteinbackup, fine there, no plugins, but I've tried disabling all plugins so I'm pretty sure I've ruled out any plugin conflict.

catrina
Clear your browser cache then You may need to reinstall your Adsense plugin and put you Adsense code back in

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

peterb
Thank you for your response catrina, but I've done that multiple times. I don't have an AdSense plugin as of now. Just the code in a Text/HTML widget. For a while I thought this was .htaccess related but I'm kinda wandering from that thought, since made a simple html file, put it in my root folder, and the ad displays nicely there. (einstein.is/adsense.html for those interested). So in a nutshell: Main site: einstein.is - AdSense not being displayed, with Plugins ON or OFF, or Widgets ON/OFF, or Carousel ON/OFF. HTML file test: einstein.is/adsense.html - Same code works Backup test: lolhacker.com/einsteinbackup - Same code works. I've even tried removing all custom code, and the Google analytics code, but to no avail.

Danny
Hi Peter, You're adding Javascript into a text widget, the text widget doesn't support javascript. Therefore, the Adsense code doesn't work. Try this plug-in instead: - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/allow-javascript-in-text-widgets/

Please search our forums, before posting!

peterb
Thank you for your input Danny, much appreciated. Hope it works. I just installed the plugin. Now I'm gonna clear all my caches, and wait a few hours before I check again.

peterb
Updated Pagelines to 2.1 today. 8 hours or so later there has been no change in things. Same grey box.

peterb
And... the strangest thing is when I look at a post in Preview mode I always see the ad. Always.

Simon
I see the add on http://lolhacker.com/einsteinbackup/ And a grey box on http://einstein.is/

peterb
Exactly, I also see the ad on einstein.is/adsense.html, so it's not a server issue.

Rob
Peter, there has to be an error in your ad code someplace, like a missing character or some space that doesn't belong, or a character perhaps that shouldn't be there. I'm trying to work on a solution.

Simon
Or perhaps adsense simply are not showing ads on that domain. I have added adsense code to my blog, same box size as a test.

Rob
Peter please follow this link before 6PM EST http://pagelines.goinstant.com/rob. This will allow us to do a screen sharing so that I can see what you see and we can look under the hood together.

Rob
Peter, I apologize. Could you sent me a private message (using the Inbox option at the top of this screen) to let me know when you would be available in Eastern US hours? Thanks. We can do an under-the-hood look. My apologies but the session I was in expired. I wasn't aware that process could expire.

peterb
No problem at all. It gave me time to examine the problem further. PM sent.

Rob
Peter, I did not get an email with the login information. I'm going to have Simon look into this as soon as we can get in. He needs to do some debugging.

peterb
Sorry, I was away from home almost all day. Just created the user and sent the information via e-mail.