Sign in to follow this  
thebusysingleparent

Default theme for new sub-site

thebusysingleparent

Is it possible to save all the settings like design, template's, layout and custom code from the main site so that when a new sub-site is created with the same theme (pro-base) it is all ready to go where you don't have to change all the settings?

Simon
You mean with wordpress multisite?

thebusysingleparent
Yes, like I already set it to where new sites are created with the base theme (changed the default theme). I just would like it to create with all the settings I have changed with the main site.

Simon
We use a plugin called wp-replicator on the demo system.

thebusysingleparent
Where can I find that? I just searched through the plug-in installer and it just came up with a user replicator.

thebusysingleparent
Nevermind - just found it. I see it is not a free plug-in. Probably is the only way though huh?

Simon
Well it worked for us ;) I couldn't find a free option.

thebusysingleparent
http://matadornetwork.com/ has it to where when a new user signs up a new sub-site is automatically created in which the new user is at least a "author" of. It is already set with the same settings as any other user account as far as layout, plugins, color, and all of that. Will this plugin you mentioned do this? Save all the settings AND automatically create a sub-site for the new user having "author" settings? With no more adjustments being needed for the new sub-site for it to look like the other user accounts?

Simon
You have a 'donor' site, with all its settings applied, when a new site is made it replicates the donor site, all settings.