Sign in to follow this  
mortenv

Footer logo problem.

mortenv

I've tried to search for the problem, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I can't seem to remove my old footer logo at all. I have removed it but the old one still stay on my site, even after I've added the new one! I have some plugins installed that cache my site, but I have deactivated and emptyed the cache many times with no luck. I'm going to change the footer logo into a newer version, so I really need help with this.

Danny
Hi, Would it be possible for you to post a link to your site please and how have you remove the old logo, replacing it with the new one.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mortenv
Hi. My site is ipenger.com and you can see my copyright logo in the buttom. I have removed the old in the Pagelines footer section, then I added the new one. But the old one still shows.

Simon
You have caching turned on. Disable it completely. And clear the disk cache. Also tell us which image to look for, all we see is a logo. I cant tell if its an old one or a new one ;)

mortenv
Yes, I turned it back on again. Now I have emptyed all caches and disabled the cache plugin. I went to platform settings and tried to change the footer logo, but it still says 2011. I have a updated one that says 2012. Platform settings also tells me my 2012 picture is the one that's active. So I don't understand what's gong on here.

Simon
Your host is using Varnish proxy caching. Make sure the image has a different filename.

mortenv
Yes, it does have a different filename. So I'm a little confused.

Simon
The footer is set to show this image http://www.ipenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/logobunn6.png And thats the 2011 image. Whats the url for the 2012 image?

Simon
http://www.ipenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/logobunn6.png http://www.ipenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/logobunn5.png Exact same image

mortenv
Wierd, it's not that name I use on the one I try to add.

mortenv
Now I have disabled everyting and emptyed all the caches I know of.. I have deleted all the photos and removed it from paglines settings. Only now it shows up like a picture missing or my sites name... whats going on here?

Simon
The footer is set to display: [code]Hvordan Tjene Penger P?? Internett - iPenger[/code] But now you have deleted that image.

mortenv
How can it be set to display that when Platform Settings tells me I don't have any pictures to display?

Simon
No idea, could be the Varnish cache.

Simon
You host is using Varnish cache, it is an aggressive page caching system.

Simon
You cannot, you would need root access to the server. Speak to your host ask for varnish to be disabled on your domain.

mortenv
Would disabling this harm my page speed? Or can I ask them to activate it later on?

Simon
I have no idea, depends how they have it setup. Is it a big company? Its usually small time hosts that need to use aggressive caching to keep speeds up and traffic down.

mortenv
It's a big company I belive. It's ONE.COM, hosting on multiple languages. I will try to ask them.

Rob
When you add content to the footer columns, the moment you add one widget, all the defaults are wiped out. This means you need to add widgets for anything you wish. The last one should be a text widget in which you add the image link for the image you wish to appear in the left-most column. I am not sure if this helps but if you need additional assistance, please feel free to ask. It's often better to handle the footer this way than through the Dashboard > PlatformPro > Footer Setup.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mortenv
MY GOD!! It have been so long I forgot about widgets.. that solved my problem.