Sign in to follow this  
infoexpress

(dynamic-css)loads fully on every page?

infoexpress

Hi there guys, In the source code - apart from there loading 10 stylesheets(!) it's loading a full set of ugly CSS in there. Other css code shows in simple files like this:

(TIMES ABOUT 20) in every page? It just doesn't seem right?

Is this normal to have showing:

[code].thead, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .site-title{font-family:"Trebuchet MS", "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", "Lucida Sans", Arial, sans-serif;font-weight:bold;}.f1, .font1, body, .font1, .font-primary, .commentlist{font-family:"Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans", "Lucida Sans Unicode", sans-serif;}.f2, .font2,

Simon
Thats normal. The (10) stylesheets are plugins/sections you have enabled on that page/post. They are only inserted if the section is ative on that particular page. The dynamic 'block' is generated automatically depending on what settings you have applied in the options, colors, widths etc.

infoexpress
That's fine - I would have thought they could have been written to it's own css file so it shows as one link rather than the full content of the CSS that has been changed! Just a thought. Perhaps it can be done like that in future? Or not? Cheers, Dave

Simon
Dave, we tried that with PlatformPro. Most of the time its ok, but all the cheap hosts run PHP in such a way that PHP writes files with username apache or nobody then users cant edit/delete these cached files. So we decided to do away with writing any files.

artemesia66
It's really not ideal, though. couldn't it be tucked away in another stylesheet. For one thing, google hates having to trawl through all that to figure out what the page is about. Platform Pro had much less style information right in the rendered html.

Simon
Google ignores css completly. Here is page speed run on my site: http://imgur.com/8El06 As you can see no mention of inline css.

infoexpress
Great... I suppose I can just make all the customisations then zip them into a separate css file!!!

kastelic
You can install Pagelines Customize free in the store which gives you a style.css file that you can edit.

infoexpress
@Kastelic yeah - I've done that, but it still seems to show a [b]ton[/b] of CSS in the source code... :-/

Simon
Google and all the other search engines ignore css altogether. The seperate css files are only loaded when a section is active on that page.