Sign in to follow this  
gregoryj77

Site crashes when try to insert hook for text box into branding section

gregoryj77

Ok, this is what I added (I named my text box "branding_title_section): // add_action('hook_name','function name'); add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons', 'branding_title_section'); // function name function branding_title_section(){ When I try to update file, the whole screen just goes blank and doesn't update. My friend said I need the actual code after the last open bracket. What code would be needed there? Thanks, Greg

Rob
Greg, Here's an example of a hook I used for a Google leaderboard ad: [code] // add_action('hook_name','function name'); // ---> uncomment to load add_action('pagelines_inside_top_branding', 'google_leaderboard_ad'); // function name function google_leaderboard_ad(){ ?>
which closes the PHP action, opens the space to my ad then, when my ad code ends, we re-open PHP with

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gregoryj77
Wow, ok that's more complicated than I thought. I understand what you mention in your reply but I can't find a tutorial about the rest of the code that's needed. Is there a tutorial for that? I would like add a text box next to me logo that has a couple lines of text in the font and size I want. Thank you for your help!

Rob
Anything can be inserted between
and
and there's no tutorial needed for that. You will need a corresponding CSS item to align the div you're creating. Just make sure your naming is consistent and doesn't conflict with other elements. For example don't name the hook or div branding or brand-nav or all hell might break loose (eg, where it says leaderboard or google_leaderboard, you can put in your own unique identifier).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur