Sign in to follow this  
abduladvany

Custom Post Type for Section

abduladvany

I want to create a section that uses custom post type. I looked at box type how to do that. Then I added the option public and archive to the arguments. Then when I create a custom post type using the wordpress admin and I click on view. It only displays an empty page... How can I fix that?

catrina
www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/16403/how-can-i-create-a-box-type-using-wordpress-api#Item_3 ^ Since we're in there, do you still need further assistance with this? Did you follow the documentation for custom post types here?: codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types. Also, which theme are you using?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

abduladvany
Hey caterina, I used the new PageLinesPostType function. I am using pagelines 2.0

catrina
Have you tried Custom Post Types UI plugin?: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

abduladvany
Yess, but then the post type doesn't appear inside the template's and I can't add meta fields to the post type...

abduladvany
[code]$args = array( 'label' => __('Lectures', 'pagelines'), 'singular_label' => __('Lecture', 'pagelines'), 'description' => 'For creating boxes in box type layouts.', 'public' => true ); $taxonomies = array( 'lecture-sets' => array( 'label' => __('Lectures Sets', 'pagelines'), 'singular_label' => __('Lecture Set', 'pagelines'), ) ); $columns = array( 'title' => 'Title' ); new PageLinesPostType( 'lecture', $args, $taxonomies, $columns);[/code]

Rob
On cursory review of your section, I'd say this isn't going to work as laid out. I have flagged this to our developer for particular attention. He will be working on it at some point Monday and will reply directly to this topic. Thank you for your patience.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
Use this plugin, Just tested it works great, and you can add the custom fields

abduladvany
what plugin? Can you give me a name of the plugin?

Simon
Oops sorry! Simple Custom Post Types

abduladvany
thnx! but how do I add properties to it like with the box type or feature type? Or should I use sections? If I do it doesn't load the sections (options) if I create a new custom post type, only when I edit it... How can I fix that?

kastelic
I use Custom Post Types UI to make custom post types, and then to add properties/fields I use Advanced Custom Fields ACF also allows you to add fields to normal posts or pages.

abduladvany
I want to create a section I can drag and drop into sites... not something I have to setup each and every time... :( Is this possible?

kastelic
Have you seen the PLET videos yet? http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/PageLines_Essential_Training Helpful video tutorials on how to make a custom section.

abduladvany
I have seen it, the problems remains, how do I add custom post types with meta field of pagelines pro I can also display as individual posts?

Danny
Hi Abdul, If I understand you correctly, do you want to create a custom post type and then have that custom post type on the "Special" now renamed to "Meta" settings panel, so you can have Features, Carousel, Boxes etc... like you can on the following special templates blog, 404, search etc... is this correct ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

abduladvany
@danny I want to create custom post types (using extra fields for properties like with special post types) and I want people to able to click thru to individual custom post's (I don't mind if its not included on special / meta settings pannel)...

Danny
Hi Abdul, Can you post a link to an example or go into even greater detail please, as I still don't understand what you're trying to do, sorry about this!

Please search our forums, before posting!