Sign in to follow this  
leaven

MIA: My blog posts on front page

leaven

My client did some back and forth-ing re: whether she wanted a blog on the WP site. I deleted all her posts, but then she decided she wants the blog on the front page below the Header (Site Branding, Menu, Feature Slider, Soap Boxes). I changed the page back to blog posts on front page (rather than static), to no avail. I'm wondering if this has something to do with come code I added/ changed so that my soap boxes didn't have an extra space below them or something else?

Rob
If you have a static page created for the home, and it contains even one character, it will not show blog posts. If you wish to have the front page show blog posts, delete the pages (home and blog) created previously then go to [b]Dashboard > Settings > Reading[/b] and under [b]Reading Settings[/b], make sure that "[i]Your latest posts[/i]" is the selected option, then [b]save[/b]. To ensure you get all the bells and whistles on the home page (boxes, slider, highlights, call outs, carousel) that you want, go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup and for the Default Page, drag and drop any of those features you wish onto that page.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Can we have a link to this site? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

leaven
@rangelone, I put in a CSS fix to eliminate a white space between my soap boxes and content (in my cases, sans content--the footer). I'm wondering if this affected my 'posts on front page' switch? (Cf. this post, which I took my CSS fix cue from): http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/44590#Comment_44590

Jenny
The page in question, is it an actual page you created? If so, check which "page template" you have assigned to it and then visit PlatformPro -> Templates, select the page type from the drop down box and make sure the content area is in there. Also, in your first question above, you said "I deleted all her posts", I assume you mean that you removed their ability to display.. not actually deleting them. If you did, and there are no posts to display, then nothing [i]will[/i] display. ;)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

leaven
It's not a page I created. The feature slider and boxes are in the Header Template (which I opt out of for every page except the front). I simply want my posts on the front page, but they're not showing up. Do I need to create a "posts" page? Re: deleted posts, I deleted them actually, but then re-transferred them from blogspot again.