Sign in to follow this  
jcritty

CSS for Text Widgets in Secondary Sidebar

jcritty

Looking to add a border and background color to a few different text widgets in my secondary sidebar. Used firebug to try and track down the css rules, but I couldn't seem to get the right combo. Any clues?? http://client.crittydesign.com/csl-whiterock login: user pw: revterry

catrina
Try this CSS and change the XXXXXX's to the hex code colors: [code]#sidebar2 div.textwidget {background-color: #XXXXXX; border: 1px solid #XXXXXX;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
We're not supposed to go under the hood and it's an incredibly bad idea for anyone to publish user IDs and passwords in a public forum that goes into search engines as this one does. Please provide us a live link to see the site and I'd strongly urge you to remove that user account immediately.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jcritty
that account should only be able to view the site, but I get what you're saying.

jcritty
Same link as above, no login required.

Rob
Okay, To change the color of two text widgets on the site (bottom left side - Newsletter sign up body and top right services schedule) I came up with the following code: [code].textwidget { background-color: #FCCCCC; border: 1px solid #C00000; padding: 5px 6px; }[/code] You will need to change the colors of both the background and the border. I did also adjust for testing purposes the padding which was quite tight to the text if it's going to have a background color. Change the 6px to any size you prefer. Eliminate the 6px and the padding will be 5px all around. The #FCCCCC is a rose pink and the #C00000 is a deep red. I gave you these colors to demonstrate that you will want a light color for the background and a deeper one for the border. This was tested on your site with Firebug. If you want it only on the secondary sidebar, add this to the beginning of the very first line: #sidebar2 making it: [code]#sidebar2 .textwidget { background-color: #FCCCCC; border: 1px solid #C00000; padding: 5px 6px; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jcritty
Thanks so much! You guys are absolutely fantastic with support.

jcritty
And ladies. The ladies are fantastic too.