Sign in to follow this  
readygate

Can you install normal plugins and other concerns?

readygate

I'm so trepidatious about upgrading to the new framework 2.0, I brought platform pro a year ago cause I hoping to have a universal theme for all my websites but when i came across a simple problem -> just wanted to be able to move the social icons out of the branding section without having to create custom hooks <- your so called "awesome support" was less than helpful and told me i'd need hire a professional coder for "deep intergration". Very annoyed I cut my losses and moved on. So a year later I get an email with your new, expensive theme launch and started a demo account with the new 2.0. Needless to say I was impressed with the new options/features but the damn icons are still stuck in the branding section, making it so annoying when you just want to have a full width logo and the icons sitting somewhere else. Are you planning to make it so you can put your social icons where ever you want like the Footer, Nav bar ect...? At least a widget to drop them in the sidebar... Also does this pagelines store stop you from downloading the normal, free plug-ins that everyone knows and loves, cause on my demo account i can't seem to search for anything, or is this a demo limitation? I see what your doing with the new store but does this cancel out the original free wordpress plug-in search feature? Cause if so that is a deal breaker/

Simon
PLugins are disabled on the demo yes, Thats normal for wordpress multisite. As for the icons, o be honest your the first person to ask for them to be 'moveable', can be easily done with a custom section.

Jenny
Rather that moving them with a hook, I disabled them, enabled a plugin, put it in the universal sidebar, and positioned with CSS :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.