Sign in to follow this  
tsalstrand

Customize Base with Adobe Fireworks

tsalstrand

I just got Adobe Fireworks CS5.1 and while I know that it great for prototyping and rapid website building... I want to use it to create child themes for pagelines pro/framework. Anyone have a clue on how to do this? I know how to export Fireworks comps to CSS, but don't know how to make it hook into pagelines' parent theme. Also, could I import the pageline base into Fireworks and then customize off of it? I know this question isn't just strictly about pagelines, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

catrina
I don't know how to do this since I never use Adobe Fireworks but perhaps someone else will have insight.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tsalstrand
Thanks for having a stab at it, Catrina. =) I've read a few people that really like this approach but don't go into much detail on the "how to" part... plus, almost all of it is for the Genesis framework. Where can I find info on developing pageline child themes? Thanks!

Rob
Check this: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Base_Theme and let us know if this helps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tsalstrand
Thanks, yeah it helps... I don't think this is something that is easily done. I was hoping to be able to import the base child theme into Fireworks or Dreamweaver and visually edit it but it can't really be done. Thanks

catrina
I think editing the theme files in a regular HTML/text editor could be done easily. I don't use Fireworks, though, so I'm not sure how easy or difficult it would be.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse