Sign in to follow this  
celinehoran

Blog page looks terrible help!

celinehoran

Hi there, My site's blog page: www.marketingexpertforspeakers.com/blog is not looking good right how. I'd like the 404 message to appear in here and have only one navbar. How can I go about making the changes I'd like? Thanks

kastelic
To remove the double menu go to PlatformPro -> Settings -> Template Setup -> Site Header and remove Nav section (the brandnav section includes the branding and the logo). Why do you want a 404 error to appear on your blog page? 404 is an error meaning Not Found.

celinehoran
Hi Kastelic, A 404 page apprears sometimes, not because I want it to, it just appears. I assume because no page can be found. I notice that other bloggers put a nice little message in their 404 page and a link to redirect visitors. This looks very professional to me. How can I do this on my site?

celinehoran
Hi Kastelic, Removing the BrandNav is a good idea in theory but in practice it affects all my website pages too. I now does not appear on those pages either. I have not navigation on the top of my web pages. What to do?

celinehoran
Please excuse me, I meant to say... "It now doesn't appear on those pages either"

Rob
Your page appears just fine. Do you have any posts? I see only one with no real content. That shows up perfectly. It may simply be that your permalinks are causing 404 errors. Make sure that the .htaccess file is CHMOD to 777, then go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything, just save once more. I repeat DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur