Sign in to follow this  
stevenpeeters

Help for Simple Facebook Connect - comments

stevenpeeters

Hello, I would like to implement the "Simple Facebook Connect" plugin. Especially the Comments part of it. I publish posts of my blog on a FB page and want to sync the comments to the post posted on FB with comments on my site. On the website of the plugin they advice if it is not working I should add some code. http://ottopress.com/wordpress-plugins/simple-facebook-connect/ 8Z4t0.png I tried to find it but I don't find the right position. If someone has another solution to sync comments of post between FB and a Pagelines framework site please advice. I tried Disqus but I found it cumbersome.

Rob

Did you by any chance look at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-facebook-connect/? If you do, you will see that almost 50% of those reporting it either working or broken say it is broken. The developer hasn't quite updated for many of the more modern themes, platforms or frameworks now coming onto the market. The instructions you kindly pasted above from the plugins site are for older themes. PageLines Framework is not an older theme so those instructions won't quite work. I've found Disqus incredibly easy with absolutely no coding needed of any kind whatsoever. I just activated the plugin, followed the settings, created my account (once) and when I looked at my site, there it was, replacing the cumbersome WordPress comments section with a nice, slick comment area.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stevenpeeters

I bought facebook-all-in-one, but it can't sync comments of a post. You can only enter a website URL, but no connection to a specific post or its comments.

stevenpeeters

I want to do the following:

• publish a post on my site
  • push the post to my Facebook group
  • sync or replace the comments of the website with comments on Facebook (of the specific post, not the comments about my website)

catrina

With the last item on the list, I assume you want the code to be placed so that the Facebook comments show on an individual post page below the post content, yes?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stevenpeeters

Yes indeed. That is what I'm looking for.

MrFent

I just wanted to mention that you can enter the entire url of a post into the all-in-one plugin, and users can comment on just that post. When PageLines 2.1 comes out I will release an update so that comments will automatically have the correct url for each page/post that it is active on, so you won't have to do it manually.

skyrocket

Hi, is there any update on this? I also bought Facebook All-In-One and want to do the exact same thing as steven (Post article links on my FB page and let the comments from the page show in my wordpress article). It doesn't seem to work with this plugin. Is it not possible, or am i doing something wrong? cheers

honeytrek

I am also looking for this feature. I think it is a no-brainer when it comes to a blog. Comments on the blog should sync with the comments people leave on that same blog URL over on Facebook. Has anyone been successful in getting this sync to work between Facebook & DISQUS (i would also like it to sync with twitter comments that include the URL to my blog, but that might be a pipe dream).

thanks in advance!

mike - www.HoneyTrek.com