Sign in to follow this  
kashanti

selected nav bar color

kashanti

I've just noticed that when I am one of the pages from my nav menu, the nav bar stays colored in a grey color. How do I either change the color, or stop it from being highlighted while selected? collegeplanningguy.com is the site.

kastelic
To change it: [code].main-nav li.current_page_item a { background: blue; }[/code] To remove the color: [code].main-nav li.current_page_item a { background: transparent; }[/code]

kashanti
I will try that, but before I do. I had changed the font size on the nav menu, and then set up a custom menu which i guess canceled the code I added. Now it won't change back at all. here is all the custom css I have currently. #menu-nav { font-size: 20px; letter-spacing: 2px; } .main-nav li a { color: #000000 !important; } .main-nav li a:hover { background-color: #bfc3da !important; } .widget-title { font-size: 16px; color: black; }

kashanti
I tried the changes you suggested and it did not work. it also appears the font size changes I made won't work on a custom menu. I assume there is a different css to input for increasing the font size on custom menu's.

catrina
You are right, custom menus do require different CSS. Try this instead: [code]ul#menu-custom-1 ul.main-nav li.current_page_item {background-color: none;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse