Sign in to follow this  
Jackey

Logout from both Vanilla and Wordpress

Jackey

Hi, I want to logout logout from vanilla and wordpress simultaneously, and found code that should log me out of vanilla.

setcookie('Vanilla', ' ', time() - 3600, '/', golfclub-stippelberg.nl ); unset($_COOKIE['Vanilla']);

Is there a way that I can include this by putting it into the functions.php as a filter to change the wp-login.php?

Simon
Where do you need it to happen? Do you need this only on the login page?

Jackey
Ideally I want it to happen after they click my logout button in the header of my site. [code] display_name . " ?»";?> [/code]

Simon
just add : if ( ! is_user_logged_in() ) { your cookie stuff } before the other stuff?

Jackey
Arghhhh... of course, brilliant! Doesn't matter if it does it every page load when not logged in. I get a error though: [code]Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wwwgolf/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/aioseop.class.php:218) [/code] So I think I've inserted the code at the wrong place :( [code] function add_icons_to_branding(){ if ( ! is_user_logged_in() ) { setcookie('Vanilla', ' ', time() - 3600, '/', 'golfclub-stippelberg.nl' ); unset($_COOKIE['Vanilla']); } ?> display_name . " ?»";?>

Simon
setcookie has to be before ANY output has gone to the screen wrap it in a add_action( 'init' ....

Jackey
Bear with me Simon. This should go outside the function add_icons_to_branding? [code]add_action('init' if ( ! is_user_logged_in() ) { setcookie('Vanilla', ' ', time() - 3600, '/', 'golfclub-stippelberg.nl' ); unset($_COOKIE['Vanilla']); } ); [/code] or should it be: [code]add_action('init', setcookie('Vanilla', ' ', time() - 3600, '/', 'golfclub-stippelberg.nl' ); unset($_COOKIE['Vanilla']);[/code]

Jackey
or does it work like this: [code] add_action('init', 'if_not_logged_in_log_out_vanilla') function if_not_logged_in_log_out_vanilla() { if ( ! is_user_logged_in() ) { setcookie('Vanilla', ' ', time() - 3600, '/', 'golfclub-stippelberg.nl' ); unset($_COOKIE['Vanilla']); } } [/code]

Simon
Yea this needs to load before anything else #2 should do it

Jackey
Have it boiled down to this : (without parse errors) [code] add_action('init', 'if_not_logged_in_log_out_vanilla'); function if_not_logged_in_log_out_vanilla() { if ( ! is_user_logged_in() ) { setcookie('Vanilla', ' ', time() - 3600, '/', 'golfclub-stippelberg.nl' ); unset($_COOKIE['Vanilla']); } } [/code] It either does not get executed, or the cookie code does not work. I thought I had this well figured out :( (with Simon's help of course...) I think I will put is to rest for today...

Jackey
Maybe the action should be attached to another hook?

Simon
It will get executed, maybe its just at the wrong time change init to wp it gets loaded earlier. There are even earlier hooks, full list here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference

Jackey
Alas, tried almost every single one at no avail. (some clearly produce warnings that the execution is at the wrong time). I'm convinced the action is executed, but when I monitor my cookies in my browser the Vanilla cookie is untouched.

Jackey
Thanks Simon... Learned a lot! Really! It is twice now that an Vanilla integration (on WordPress level) fails on me in the finishing stage of "dotting the i's". First proxy connect and now jsconnect. But since PageLines now provides the bbPress plugin integration I made a choice. (no multiple logins, no cookies)