Sign in to follow this  
commonpeoples

feature section omits some features

commonpeoples

Hello, Ive noticed my front page feature section has left out some features. I have 8 features assigned in the settings panel but only 2 show up. Any info on how to get the rest of features visible again would be appreciated. The link is http://getliftedgym.com and im using platfrom pro right before the newest upgrade. thank u

Jenny
You need to set the maximum number of features allowed to show either on the page editor itself (at the bottom of the editor) or in the PlatformPro Feature Settings panel.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

commonpeoples
hello, ive set the number to 8 features on the platform feature settings panel, and that alone has been unsuccessful. Where can i find the page editor you mentioned in the last post? is it in the php editing section?

Jenny
You need to edit the actual page in WP -> Pages. For example, if you have a contact page, you would just edit that page to change the number of features. If you're referring to your home page that is created dynamically, then I recommend you create a new page, call it "Home", edit the feature settings, and add it to your WP menu. :)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

commonpeoples
thank you for being patient with me, i just tried that route and still my features only show 2 featured posts. follow this link to check it out http://getliftedgym.com/home/ i did that just to test your solution, ive also noticed my platformpro panel looks a little different than it usually does there may be something more wrong going on. heres a screen shot of my panel http://getliftedgym.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Screen-Shot-2012-01-25-at-11.27.15-PM.png

tyrellmara
I'm having the same issue as CommonPeoples, coincidentally also on a Crossfit site! :) Help appreciated!

Jenny
Yeah you definitely have something going on there. Disable ALL of your plugins. Then see how it looks (both the features and the admin panel). If it works (and looks) fine, you know you have a faulty plugin. Enable one by one, refreshing in between, to find the bad one.

tyrellmara
Unfortunately that didn't work for me, Jenny. The site is www.crossfitjournal.ca and I have set up the landing page as a static "home" page with a feature set. When I use the default-feature set it shows all 5 slides no problem. But when I change it to my built set (3 slides) it only shows 2. I have tried reloading the three slides, renaming the set, testing a new page- no result. Also I realized if I create a new set with only one slide, there are still 2 slider navigation squares, for whatever reason it seems stuck on 2. Thanks again for your continued support. Cheers, Tyrell

commonpeoples
i went ahead and tried the plugin deactivation and that fixed my panel problem but not the feature section problem. if you have any other ideas for me to try i greatly appreciate it. Thanks again

Jenny
@tyrellmara and @commonpeoples Please send me login details to your site by private message (click my name and send message on the right). Please include the exact problem in the message so I know what to look for. :)

Jenny
To possibly help future visitors: @tyrellmara 's issue was an HTML error in the feature titles as well as a faulty, out-of-date plugin. When an issue occurs, always disable all plugins first to see if you've got a bad one. :) @commonpeoples 's issue was also an HTML error in the feature title.