Sign in to follow this  
scoop

Menu on hover

scoop

Hi, looked thru topics and found some solutions to killing the grey on hover but none seem to work.... thoughts?? #brandnav ul#menu-main-menu li.menu-item a:hover { background-color: #ffffff !important; } {background-color:#ffffff !important;} .main_nav .main-nav li a:hover, #grandchildnav .current_page_item a, #grandchildnav li a:hover, #grandchildnav .current_page_item ul li a:hover, .sf-menu li:hover, .sf-menu li.sfHover { background-color: #ffffff; color: #135C60; }

Danny
Hi Scoop, Can you post a link to your site please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

scoop
Thanks Danny - forgot! http://demo.pagelines.com/scoop/

scoop
Realized that I was asking the wrong question - what I want to change is the color of the current page marker (as well as the submenu hovers & current mark - but i think i know where to find the submenu code... so need to change the current mark to transparent or white.... thanks!

scoop
so now i have no change at all and this is in my custom code: {background-color:#ffffff !important;} .main_nav .main-nav li a:hover, #grandchildnav .current_page_item a, #grandchildnav li a:hover, #grandchildnav .current_page_item ul li a:hover, .sf-menu li:hover, .sf-menu li.sfHover { background-color: #ffffff; color: #135C60; } /* THIS ALLOWS YOU CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLOR OF THE LINK WHEN YOU HOVER OVER IT */ #secondnav li a:hover { background: #FFFFFF; } /* THIS ALLOWS YOU TO ADD A UNDERLINE WHEN HOVERING OVER THE LINK */ #secondnav li a:hover { text-decoration: underline; } /* THIS ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE LINK WHEN HOVERING OVER THE LINK */ #secondnav li a:hover { color:#135C60; } /* CSS FOR ACTIVE MENU ITEM, USEFUL FOR DROP DOWN MENUS */ .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a:active, .main-nav li.current_page_item a:active, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a:active, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a:active { background-color: #FFffff; color: #135C60; } /* CSS FOR CURRENT PAGE MENU ITEM */ .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a.sf-menu li li { background-color: #FFffff; color: #135C60; }

Rob
Scoop, Here's some code I helped another client with that may be helpful. You'll need to adjust it to suit your own needs and select the bits that apply. They're labelled: [code]/* NAV BACKGROUND AND BORDER UNDER NAV */ .navigation_wrap { border-bottom: 1px solid #bcbcbc !important; background-color: #e8ecef !important; } /* TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE NAV TEXT AND BACKGROUND (NO HOVER) */ .main-nav li a { background-color: #e8ecef !important; color: #3f95c7 !important; } /* TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE NAV TEXT AND BACKGROUND ON HOVER */ .main-nav li a:hover { background-color: #ffffff !important; color: #ff9c00 !important; } /* TO MAKE THE ACTIVE MENU APPEAR LIKE THE REST */ .main-nav .current-menu-item a, .main-nav .current-menu-item ul li a:hover { background-color: #ffffff !important; color: #ff9c00 !important; } .main-nav .current-menu-item ul li a { background-color: #e8ecef !important; color: #3f95c7 !important; }[/code] Since this is a demo, I am changing the location from Customizations to PageLines Free.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

scoop
Thank you - will try it and let you know!

scoop
This answer was not accepted by me - it didn't work - have been waiting for more help on it..... HELP client wants to see it! S