Sign in to follow this  
newsmanatl

Disappearing, repeating boxes, slides, menu items

newsmanatl

I have one set of five different boxes. All of a sudden, only four images will display, with the last image being duplicated as the first image (including the words underneath). I have one set of five different slides in a feature set. All of a sudden, only four of the slides display in the rotation. Again, it is the first image in the set that has vanished. I have a menu... and... you guessed it -- the first item on the list won't display. I have tried disabling virtually all of the plugins (with the exception of WishList Member), although there was no conflict with these in the past. Any ideas?

Danny
Hi, For this to happen all of a sudden, something must have changed in your set-up. Have you installed, updated or added any custom code at all ? Also, would it be possible for you to post a link to your site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

newsmanatl
The portion of the site powered by WordPress/PlatformPro is at ironcladlegalnetwork.com/ironclad/members -- and since it is password protected by WishList Member, I'm not sure you can get very far. If you send me an e-mail, I will set you or someone else up as an administrator. I do not believe this problem coincides with any custom code changes. I did add a couple of plug-ins, but have deactivated them and they don't seem to be the problem. A number of plug-ins were updated simultaneously, and I also updated WordPress itself -- but the WordPress update was an attempt to fix the problem and came after it had manifested.

Rob
Do you have a cache plugin enabled? If so, clear the cache. Since you mention updating Wordpress itself, it's possible one or more plugins may be outdated. Have you conducted an inventory of your plugins? I'd strongly recommend doing this by opening a new tab for http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins and look up each plugin you have to make sure each is compatible with 3.3.1 and doesn't have any citations as being broken from other users. Even though you did the WP update after the fact, a plugin may have become deprecated just when this problem occurred. Updating WP might not have fixed it if an older plugin is either deprecated or needs to be updated or replaced.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

newsmanatl
I've even tried to solve this by disabling all of the plugins, except for WishList Member (because it's my understanding it would be disastrous to do that). At any rate, this strange problem persists even when running bare bones WordPress. I do not have a cache plugin enabled. What's next? I really need to get this taken care of and have had one problem after another. The theme is very attractive and elegant looking, but seems to be full of bugs, and I've had an extremely difficult time working with it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

newsmanatl
WordPress 3.3.1 PlatformPro 1.5.3 PlatformBase 1.4.1

kastelic
Is there any way you can make your site public long enought to validate it? http://validator.w3.org/ If so, that can tell us a lot.

kastelic
I found this: [code]

Seal the Deal

[/code] where you've got a paragraph tag overlapping an h2 tag. This kind of markup error can actually cause lots of problems on your page. Try checking all you html for markup errors and i think you're problems will go away, including not seeing the Feature Footer.

newsmanatl
Ok, that makes sense -- although how in the world does it occur? I used the drag and drop interface to design the pages, not html. At any rate, where do I find the markup for box sets and feature sets in order to try to make the change? Also, this problem appears to be affecting the menu itself. Thanks.

kastelic
When you go to edit a page or post, you have a Visual and HTML tab above your content editing box. WHen you use the Visual tab it automatically creates the html for you , which you can see if you switch to the HTML tab. Sometimes if you do a lot of editing and re-editing in the Visual tab the HTML can get messed up. You could also delete everything the the Visual tab and start over if you don't want to mess with the HTML tab. I don't know exactly where the markup problem is happening, one error, can make it look like lots of other errors, because the validator isn't smart enough to know where the error started. Look in any editable content areas that appear on that page, including Feature html or page and post content.

newsmanatl
I appreciate your help, and have pressed the "accept" button. The outcome, however, points to yet another serious design flaw. This theme is very attractive, but it is full of bugs and advertising makes the product appear much simpler to use than it actually is. Trying to work with PlatformPro is like being a beta tester. I would much rather be leaving praise, and for the time being will continue to struggle through all of this, but regretfully at present I remain a critic in that I do not believe PlatformPro lives up to what is promised. Perhaps you have other customers who are more satisfied, but I really don't think the product should be on the market in its present form. Unfortunately, by the time its many limitations and flaws become apparent, one is too far down the road to turn back.

nnesheim
Wishlist Member plugin is the reason for this issue.