Sign in to follow this  
gayatriom

How do I add a custom image border around the content

catrina
There is CSS that allows you to add image borders around a content box. Can you please post a link to your site and identify which content you want to apply borders to?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gayatriom
Hey! Sorry for taking so long. The site is http://www.thevajratemple.com . The borders are for the widgets on the left and right.

Jenny
Where exactly do you want the borders to appear? It would be very helpful to screenshot and mark-up the effect you're looking for. We can help point you in the right direction, but we can't design your site for you. ;)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mstmarie1
That site uses a variety of techniques to get that jagged effect around their images. Some of the images have the border already around them, some of the images are in front of just the jagged outline. A few of the div's have just the top and bottom caps with regular css borders on the sides. It seems to be a mish-mosh of different images and overlays, but they must have found a system that makes it work. I don't think there's going to be a single css solution for to replicate what they've done.

Danny
Yes, MstMarie1 is probably correct, something like that which looks simple, is actually difficult. If still wish to have this, I would recommend contacting a PageLines Pro. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!

gayatriom
thanks so much for this feedback! :)!