Sign in to follow this  
waja

lost customization after an update, how to get it back?

waja    0
waja

I am using free platform theme recently i updated the wordpress because i had a javascript malware as soon i updated the malware was gone and i thought i should also update the free theme and both have been done successfully. I backed up the previous theme folder and then updated the platform theme however with this new update i am unable to see the header, footer and i have other minor display changes. Please let me know what needs to be done in order get the same colors and the customization back to my site. I am fairly new to wordpress stuff. Thanks in advance.

kastelic    6
kastelic
Can you post a link to your site please?

catrina    103
catrina
I see the header and footer on your site, but I can see that the customizations are missing. Were you using CSS for these customizations?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

waja    0
waja
i am not quite sure where the css file is but i was thinking if i activate the previous theme and then check if the customization is back then i can export the settings and then install the new theme and then import the settings - would this work ? if not which files do i need to copy to my new theme version so that i can get the customization and images back? let me know what needs to be done so that i can start doing it. thanks for your time.

kastelic    6
kastelic
So you upgraded to the platform free version, from a previous version of that theme or from a different theme? What kind of customizations have you lost?

waja    0
waja
yes i had a free platform theme and i updated the free platform theme...... then i am not able to see the header image and the footer image mainly ..pls let me know how to get it back :)

Simon    247
Simon
footer image? did you edit footer.php?

waja    0
waja
no i have not edited anything i just updated new theme .... i wanted to know if i need to copy and paste the old header.php and footer.php to get back the old images of footer and header

Simon    247
Simon
Settings are stored in the database. Updating should ake no difference. How did you add a footer image?