Sign in to follow this  
babel08

Box title problem

babel08

Hi, I have 3 boxes in a set and am using CSS code to change the title color and hover color. It worked fine on the other two boxes and nothing I have tried is working on the third. I also have html code for the text in the box within WP so it would be italics (

)..I tried removing it to see if it made a difference but didn't. Here is the CSS code I am using: div#fbox_130 div.fboxtitle h3 a { color: #e99b35; !important; } div#fbox_130 div.fboxtitle h3 a:hover { color: #0332ff; !important; } div#fbox_130 div.fboxtext {line-height:17px;}{font-size: 11px; } Thanks...

Jackey
You better remove the semicolon between the color and "!important" and the "}{" for the CSS to work. I actually think you can do without the !important because your selectors have quite a high score.

babel08
Hi, Sorry --my comment didn't post>> I removed important..I also tried removing {}..did not work. The CSS code for titles is the same as the other two boxes which work fine. I am wondering if the text box CSS and html is somehow overriding it? I have tried starting over with the box too and nothing is working.

kastelic
This css has lots of syntax errors which can cause it not to work, here is the corrected css: [code] div#fbox_130 div.fboxtitle h3 a { color: #e99b35; } div#fbox_130 div.fboxtitle h3 a:hover { color: #0332ff; } div#fbox_130 div.fboxtext { line-height:17px; font-size: 11px; } [/code]

babel08
Only rejected because title is not working but I used your corrected coding... I took out the html code for italics within WP and moved it to the CSS custom code... The title code is exactly the same as the other two boxes, but it does nothing. div#fbox_130 div.fboxtitle h3 a { color: #e99b35; } div#fbox_130 div.fboxtitle h3 a:hover { color: #0332ff; } div#fbox_130 div.fboxtext { line-height:17px; font-size: 12px; font-style: italic; }

Jackey
The Boxtitle on fbox_130 has no link assigned to it so your CSS selector for that fbox is: [code]div#fbox_130 div.fboxtitle h3 { color: #e99b35; }[/code] The next is a nono because people will think the title is a link, which it's not. [code]div#fbox_130 div.fboxtitle h3:hover { color: #0332ff; }[/code]