Sign in to follow this  
nextgenpro

Why doesn't my content show up in the sidebar of pagelines pro 2

nextgenpro

Hey guys, I'm beating my head over the wall at this point. I'm trying to install widgets on my new site using "2.0", but nothing is working. I even took the html codes from my primary blog (i.e. facebook fan box, opt in box, youtube videos, etc), but nothing works. Anyone having this problem? Here's the link: http://nichesocia.com/blog/ P.S., I also updated to the latest version of 2.0. I believe it's 2.0.1

Jackey
Your blog page does not seem to be assigned to an existing wordpress Page. Although the wordpress page is never actually shown, it needs to be created so you can link to it in a menu.

nextgenpro
Hmm. Interesting, and thank you for your reply. In my settings, reading section, i have the blog page set as "blog" where as the home page is set to the static page "home". So I guess I am unclear as to what you are referring to when you say "Your blog page does not seem to be assigned to an existing wordpress Page."

Jackey
When I go to your website I got a "page not found" on your blog page. It seems to be ok now. You don't seem to have sidebars on your blog. The layout of the blog page is made on de Pagelines > Special > Blog page, there you can define where your sidebars have to go.

nextgenpro
Thank you for your assistance! Navigating through the new 2.0 can be difficult and easy at the same time. I feel like a rookie now :9. One more thing if you have the time. How do I get rid of the excerpt where it's not showing up 2x?

catrina
You'll need to go to Blog and Posts in Settings and disable the excerpts where you don't want them to show.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

nextgenpro
Thank you so much! I was in the right area, but you helped me hone in on the correct settings.