Sign in to follow this  
hypman

Is there a way to 'hide' a page for testing purposes?

hypman

Hi Im trying to do some a/b testing to see which page my visitors prefer but when i create a 2nd page for test purposes it always shows in the menu, Is there a way to hide this page so my customers dont see 2 similar pages, as i dont think it looks very professional. Thanks

revoltoid
you're probably set to automatically add pages to your menu. dashboard/appearance/menus and on the man navigation tab uncheck 'Automatically add new top-level pages' and then create your test page. it won't show up in the menu unless you put it in.

hypman
Hi The box is not checked, i added the page and it went on the top menu ? Any ideas?

Simon
You have the menus set in auto mode, create a new menu and add your pages manually. Then save it and assign the menu to the main nav in the dropdown topleft of the menu page. Now when you create a new page they will not be auto added as you have a custom menu.

hypman
Hi Simon Ive followed what you said and added the new menu, and now the test page doesnt show up but the drop down navigation wont work now even though it is still enabled in the options?

Jackey
Did you define any sub-menu's?: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/va2Cc.png[/IMG]

hypman
Hi Jackey I tried that, my screen looks different to yours: mine says 'primary navigation' then below that 'footer navigation' my screen doesnt say simple nav section like yours does. Is this why its not working ?

Jackey
No... the order and the names can vary... (my wp is dutch) You should create a menu main, (can be any name you prefer) and select that in the combo box that says "primary navigation". You have to add all the pages to that main menu. (you can organize and add hierarchy to them with drag&drop).

hypman
Hi Ive created a main menu, added the pages to it both with and without the drop down pages and it they dont drop down but just sit on the main header

Jackey
Can you provide a link?

hypman
http://www.hypnosis-to-stop-smoking.co.uk/ the 'contact' page has a contact form page and an address page which are sub pages to it thanks

Simon
Can you post a screenshot of your menu page?

Jackey
I assume "Contact Form" and "Address" are the submenus of "Contact Us". Please look closely to the menu items in the image I provided. You can see that the menu items are organized and all submenu's are placed underneath and indented to their parent. You can achieve this by dragging&dropping the menu items, and then don't forget to save the menu. Understand that the hierarchy in your page settings do NOT apply anymore.

hypman
Ive done it now, thanks. I didnt realise drag n drop was what was wrong!! Many thanks guys : )

Jenny
Hi @hypman If you consider this issue resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.