Sign in to follow this  
cstudio

Navigation menu

cstudio

I have question about the navigation menu. I have tried different things but I can't figure this out. The menu i am working on is at http://castshadow.co/gold/ I am having trouble styling the nav menu. What i need is the text to be black on the drop down menus. This is the extra code I running for the menu

.main_nav .main-nav li a:hover,
	#grandchildnav .current_page_item a,
	#grandchildnav li a:hover,
	#grandchildnav .current_page_item ul li a:hover,
	.sf-menu li:hover,
	.sf-menu li.sfHover { background-color: #e88317; color: #000;
	}

One problem I am having is I don't know how to change the secondary menu text color. The bigger problem is that the menu behaves differently when you on different pages. (static compared to archive) Thanks in advance.

Danny
Hi, In order to assist you, I need to be able to see your website's navigation. Unfortunately, when I click the link you provided, it redirects to your wp-admin login URL.

Please search our forums, before posting!

cstudio
Sorry my mistake. I changed that it is now open. [url]http://castshadow.co/gold[/url] Thanks Again

Jenny
Use what you'd like, but this should help. Delete what you have currently for menu CSS. [code]/* TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE NAV TEXT AND BACKGROUND (NO HOVER) */ .main_nav li a {background-color: transparent !important; color: #3f95c7 !important;} /* TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE NAV TEXT AND BACKGROUND ON HOVER */ .main-nav li a:hover {background-color: #ffffff !important; color: #ff9c00 !important;} /* TO MAKE THE ACTIVE MENU APPEAR LIKE THE REST */ .main-nav .current-menu-item a, .main-nav .current-menu-item ul li a:hover {background-color: #ffffff !important; color: #ff9c00 !important;} /*match to text/bg hover*/ .main-nav .current-menu-item ul li a {background-color: transparent !important; color: #3f95c7 !important;} /*match to text/bg no hover*/[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.