Sign in to follow this  
kellid

How do you add text/content to 2 different post pages that was set up by making them category pages?

kellid

That probably didnt make sense. I have 2 different post pages on my site that I've made by putting them in 2 different categories (Forum and Daily Feed). I need to add an intro to my post pages but not sure how to do that. When I go to the page titled "Forum" or "Daily Feed" and enter the intro, it doesnt' show up. I tried the template section and added a banner to the coordinating page type but that still doesn't work. Any ideas? This site is going live in a few hours and of course I have to have an issue now :( Thanks so much for your time. Kelli

Rob
Kelli, you cannot add static content to static pages used as blog pages. If you do, either the static content or the dynamic will fail to materialize. What I do is create a static page, add the static content I want, then use a plugin to include the loop (or a close facsimile) to the page. I personally recommend Special Recent Posts which lets you put a shortcode with great specificity to the page, pulling as many posts as you wish from an individual category with excerpt and thumbnail. Alternatively if you don't need the thumbnails, try TPG Get Posts. Both are available via http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur