Sign in to follow this  
johnlatham

How can I set a minimum height to pages?

johnlatham

How can I set a minimum height to pages? www.johnlathamweddings.com When content is short the pages look short. I am wondering if there is code to set a minimum page height? Thanks, John.

Rob
In Custom Code under CSS Rules, you should see [b]body {}[/b] Change that to [b]body {min-height:500px;}[/b] Here, 500px can be set to any number you wish, keeping in mind this is Minimum height not maximum. I've no guarantee this will work as I've not tested it, however, it's discussed at w3schools.com.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

johnlatham
This works but for the whole page... I need it to expand before the footer so the extra height is within the pages.

kastelic
You can add min-height to any element on you page, for example: [code]#maincontent {min-height: 600px }[/code] Using Chrome or Firefox with Firebug, you can inspect your page to see when element you want to add this to.

johnlatham
Hey, the code works fine for the pages such as 'contact' and 'about', but on the home page there is a feature panel, and the min height is acting before this, so that page is appearing taller... With a gap in between the content and the feature panel. I'd like to set the minimum height as the same height as the home page current height, so every page looks the same. Is there a way to not include the minimum height on certain pages? Thanks, John.

kastelic
Sure, look in the body tag and you will see classes that are unique to each page or type of page, for example: blog, search, page-id-123, cateogory, paged, and so on. So you can set a rule to appear on certain pages like this: [code].blog #maincontent {min-height: 600px } .single #maincontent {min-height: 500px }[/code]

johnlatham
Thanks, so will it just be the page name I need to put before the hash? eg. '.contact #maincontent......'?

Rob
Yes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur