Sign in to follow this  
unstopabell

Box Set is repeating the first box

unstopabell

Hey All, I've read multiple posts and can't find anyone with same issue. I have created a box-set with just two boxes included. When I select the box-set on a box page, the 1st box is repeated twice. I have played with the number of columns, the number of boxes, etc in meta settings, nothing seems to work. Am I missing something simple here? Here is the page: http://www.onlinesoundhealing.com/membership/ Thanks in Advance!

Rob
Do you have a second box setup in the same box-set that has different content? It seems the boxes are repeating the exact same fbox number (82) which usually means that because it is supposed to be 2 columns and only has one to look at it repeats. Alternatively, this could be a plugin conflict.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

unstopabell
Yes, that's the strange part. I do have a second box, with different content and picture, but no matter what blend of options I try, I can't get it to show. Perhaps a plug-in conflict, but this site is just in it's infancy of being built and I haven't added a whole lot of plug-ins yet. Any help is appreciated!

kastelic
What happens if you check "hide pagelines soapbox" in that page's meta settings?

unstopabell
Thanks for the response Kastelic. So I am running Framework 2.0, I don't know if this version has the "soapbox" section like PlatformPro did, I can't find anywhere to disable the pagelines soapbox, especially on the page meta settings. Any ideas?

kastelic
Oh, i forgot that you have to add the Soapbox section in the store, sorry. If you have already tried disabling all plugins and it still is not working , if you want you can email me at kastelic9 at gmail with your login and i can look into it for you.

newsmanatl
This has suddenly started happening to my site, as well -- and given this post, I am betting it is going to turn out to be a more widespread problem, so I'd appreciate it if you look into this further and keep the discussion public. I have tried all of the obvious fixes -- disabling all the plugins, etc. -- and even some that aren't so obvious. One other thing: "Custom Post Order" (never a problem in the past) is no longer functioning correctly and seems to create an even worse set of issues. When activated, it does not correct the issue of a duplicate box mysteriously overriding the existence of another box, but it plays havoc with the menu and other features.

catrina
Did you upgrade WordPress recently to the latest version? Did you check to see if the Custom Post Order plugin compatible with the latest versions of WordPress?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

unstopabell
I'm actually not using the "Custom Post Order" plug-in, so that is not the issue. There must be a conflict with one of the recent updates of Wordpress or something. Really would love to use this feature!

Simon
If you want i can take a look, has to be a config issue otherwise thousands of sites would have 2 boxes ;) email your info to simon at pagelines.com

unstopabell
Thank you Simon, I sent you logon info as well as an email explaining my issues. Thank you so much! Tom

Simon
Deactivated WL-member and boxes display, its a config issue.

unstopabell
Well THAT's not good. That's pretty much the backbone of the site. Is there any kind of workaround? Thanks for taking the time Simon!

catrina
Hm, I'm guessing a temporary workaround (if the boxes continue not to work properly) would be to create boxes using DIV layers that are added with a hook, but I'm not sure if that's going to achieve exactly what you're looking for.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Simon
As a workaround, what happens if you have 4 boxes in the set? Do you get 3 then the 1st repeated? If so set the max to 3?

appleinvestor
I have the same boxes repeating problem, and also using Wishlist member. All software and plugins are up to date. http://apple-investor.com

appleinvestor
I have 3 optional plugins; bbPress, launch page and browser specific css. I have tried deactivating them and get the same result...repeating boxes. The repeating boxes don't occur on every page, but I see no discernible difference in the page setups.

Simon
WL member is causing the repeating boxes, we dont know why.

appleinvestor
I can't drop Wishlist Member, it's core to my site. Boxes are nice, but not core, I suppose I could accomplish something similar with Grid-Portfolio. I hope you can find a fix that can be employed, or an alternative. Thank you.

appleinvestor
The same repeat issue occurs with the Reader plugin. And that is the first item in the list of readers is repeated and appended to the end of the list. So I would have to assume the reader shares this offending code with Box Sets

catrina
Very odd. I would go with an alternative like Grid Portfolio if the boxes continue to behave this way.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

appleinvestor
While I recognize the lack of control developers might have with other plugins, i.e; Wishlist Member, it would seem that WLM is a major piece of software and these plugins, like the Box Set and Reader, are relatively new. I spent money on them because they solved problems for me (if functioning), I want to realize the utility of them soon. So I hope you guys are conjuring a fix. Thank you.

Simon
Did you try their support options? They are a premium company. I cant begin to magic a 'fix' if i have to buy a licence.

appleinvestor
I sent an email to their support. Quite frankly I would think this would be in your best interest to buy a Wishlist license. I've spent over $400 on your software and it appears there are several other people in the same boat. I bought Pagelines, replacing Thesis, because my researched showed it to be the most functional and flexible framework, but the features I need don't work, and it is troubling that I can't get a fix.