Sign in to follow this  
bjsteiger

Utility Navigation

bjsteiger

Most sites have a utility navigation that is smaller in font size and is typically in the upper, right hand corner of a site. I'm trying to figure out the best method to add this feature to a client's site. How would I do this using PageLine Framework?

Rob
You can add an additional Secondary Nav to the top of the site using the Templates, combined with selecting a specific secondary nav menu on your static home or blog pages. The secondary nav is set up in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. Many PageLines sites have such menus.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

NearlyJen
Can you please tell me how to choose the menu that the Secondary Nav uses? I've added Secondary Nav as an active section to my header, and created a menu...but in the Theme Locations box in Appearance-->Menus, Secondary Nav is not one of the four options provided.

Lapsed vagabond and reformed ne'er-do-well.

Nice to meet you. 

NearlyJen
Found it all. Didn't dig enough!!

Lapsed vagabond and reformed ne'er-do-well.

Nice to meet you. 

reidwalley
How do I get the Secondary Nav to show up in the header on *all* pages? I followed the directions above and have a Secondary Nav showing on my static Home page, but it does not show up on any of the other pages. Do I have to set it in every individual Page's Meta Settings section? That's gonna be a lot of work.