Sign in to follow this  
tfhowley

Upgraded to Framework and now my site is a white screen

tfhowley

I'm new to Pagelines and just upgraded to Framework 2.0. Now my site is just a blank, white screen. No error message, no text. In the dashboard I can see the pages and content but when I view the site, just a white page.

Rob
May we have a link to your site?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tfhowley
yes, it's www.raintreecommunications.com. It's a new site with only a few pages. Thanks for your help.

Rob
Okay. Since you upgraded, I presume you still have PlatformBase and PlatformPro still installed but neither active (obviously). Can you re-activate PlatformBase? See what happens. Do you have plugins installed and activated (other than ones that came with PageLines Framework)?

tfhowley
I re-activated PlatformBase and the site is working again. I do have several plugins installed but I've deactivated all of them and that did not help when I had Framework installed

Rob
I suspect then that the installation of PageLines is incorrect. Can you manually re-install it via FTP in binary mode?

tfhowley
I've never done that but I'll try...do you know any good site that will explain the process?

tfhowley
Thanks for your help! Problem solved ... I tried the manual upload via FTP and that didn't work but when I removed this custom code from the CSS Rules box: body{}.pagelines{display:none;} the site started displaying correctly. I really don't know CSS but this piece of code was used to remove the Pagelines leaf logo from the footer in PlatformBase and carried over with the upgrade. Now the question is how Do I remove the leaf logo in the footer.

catrina
Okay, please e-mail hello@pagelines.com and explain why you want the leaf logo hidden.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse