Sign in to follow this  
welcome

Random pages showing up

welcome

If I google my 2 page website it shows the main and second page, but it also shows pages that I have not created "Uncategorized" Hello world and another "Hello World Hi this is just a comment page. I have looked at every setting and tab and cannot find out where they are located to delete them. I don't have any post pages. Also, a page mywebsite/author/admin shows in google.

Rob
Okay, well, Hello World is a default Wordpress post found under Dashboard (where you land when you login as an admin) > Posts (left column) > All Posts. You can easily delete it. However, it will usually take as long as 2 weeks for it to filter out of search engines around the world. The author page is from having the Author plugin active. It looks to and creates a page based on the authors (users) listed on the site.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

welcome
I haven't installed the Author plugin. The only plugins I have active are "Pagelines Customize" and WP Super Cache". There are no posts in the dashboard I deleted Hello World when I first built the site. If I click on the page that shows Uncategorized- at top is says "Current Page: Category" If I click "Hello World"- the top of the page says "Current Page: 404 Error" Where do these pages exist on my website? Thanks