Sign in to follow this  
chisim11

Pages within Pages

chisim11

My site: http://tinyurl.com/3slhflz I want to eliminate the submenus for each menu. Instead of having the little arrow pointing down indicating there are submenus, I thought it would be better for users to click on any of the menus which then will take them to another page where there would be links where the users can select. An example of what I just explained can be found on this site: http://www.miamirealestate.com/ Is this even possible with current Platform Pro 'cause I have not been able to figure it out. Or do I need Pagelines Frameworks upgrade? Thanks

Rob
Hi, doing what you're suggesting is quite easy but there are other ways to achieve your ultimate goals. Essentially, what you're doing is to place a menu inside a sidebar in either one or more text widgets that are formatted and styled. To ensure you have the right menu on the corresponding page, you'd use Widget Logic, a plugin, to say where/when the text widget appears. Keep in mind that you may have as separate secondary menu (which is not the same as your subnav) that can be applied to specific pages. Each major page, let's say your Home Page, can include secondary nav items for a Contact Page, About Us Page, Locations and Team. My way these options go horizontally and automatically. Your way they go into a more labor intensive sidebar. Thoughts?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chisim11
I'll have to install widget logic and see how it all works, but I assume this is the same format on http://www.miamirealestate.com/. I'm just lost about placing the menu inside a sidebar(no clue here how to do it) unless it is done sort of automatically w/the widget logic plug in.

Rob
Simon, to add a widget to a sidebar you go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and drag a widget (the grey boxes in the middle) over to the sidebar where you want them (listed on the right). That's it. There's a list of codes available on the Widget Logic homepage at WP and you just find the right one then place it inside the Widget Logic box inside the widget. That will tell the widget where to appear. Also, you have to enable Sidebars via your templates. You do that via Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup and also via Dashboard > PlatformPro > Sidebar Setup. Have you considered hiring one of our Pros? I know you've been working on your site for quite some time and having a pro developer might speed things up for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chisim11
I asked in the past but no one replied.