Sign in to follow this  
lakersalex

Seeking a simple eCommerce solution using PlatformPro

lakersalex

Hi, I am seeking a simple eCommerce solution using PlatformPro. The site I am building has a simple store selling shoes. Shipping is flat rate to the US and flat rate international. Tax is charged in 1 state only. I didn't realize there would be some many issues with WP-eCommerce and I am wondering what plugin is compatible that will give me these basic functions. Thank you!

Rob
Unfortunately, we don't have a specific recommendation for a tested e-commerce plugin. Have you tried some of the others listed at Wordpress.org/extend/plugins?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

lakersalex
Thanks for your response rangelone. In purchasing PlatformPro I expected that such a common need as a an ecommerce solution would be a no brainer. I am getting nowhere with WP-eCommerce, and I see on other discussions that it has troubles, along with others. And I don't (yet) have the chops to dissect code. So I will continue to explore the other plugins, but I am surprised this hasn't already been covered and solved. :/ Has anyone created a simple ecommerce site with PlatformPro?

Rob
There are actually so many individuals whose websites sell things in unique ways that for us to recommend an e-commerce solution would never really work. As you point out, you have a set of criteria, and so do others, all different. Because of the vast nature of the different plugins, one will not apply to everyone's needs, much different than for example, page navigation or comments. The things I can suggest are: 1. Look for plugins that are up to date and compatible with WP 3.3.1 2. Make sure others say it works 3. Verify that the plugin has lots of users 4. Check and read the user feedback for the plugin 5. Make sure it is regularly updated (not version 1.0) When you give it a try, and experience a styling issue, we'll generally try to help but most plugins that are up to date and compatible will work with PlatformPro or PageLines Framework. WP-eCommerce has, as you say, experienced some difficulties but from what I've read online, other themes have had problems too. Some of our clients have made it work and do very well with it however, they tend to be coders and developers. I hope this makes sense and that you see our difficulty in making a recommendation. Many have created simple ecommerce sites but we're not sure which solution they used. Have you checked out our Showcase? http://www.pagelines.com/showcase/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur